1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Live problem!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Sonysoft, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

OK...this is major pissin me of! Yesterday my pc connection messed up, so i ran a program i had previously used called lspfix or somethin, it fixed it but i think it changed some settings. My xbox 360 now tries to connect to live through my Lan connection (it used to just go thru my normal tiscali one) and basically this connection doesnt work. When i disable my lan connection and run the test on the xbox it fails straight away on the network adapter-probably not seeing the right connection. How do i set it to connect from my tiscali connection again?? help is REAAALLLY appreciated. thanks.

2. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

can anyone help?

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i don't understand one word, sorry no offense.

4. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

lol...ok. I'll try to make it less complicated. I ran a program to restore my net connection coz it messed up, this must have changed a setting. Now my xbox360 tries to connect through another connection on my computer...which does not work. How do i get it to connect back through to my normal tiscali connection!

To sum it up: Xbox live is connecting thru the wrong connection. HELP lol,thanks.

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

use windows network setup wizard.

6. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

why dont you just do the initial setup again

7. handsom

handsom Regular member

Is Tiscali a regular open broadband line, a DSL(Or other user/passworded), or something else?

If it's open access to 'whatever plugs in' just reinit your 360 settings. Even if it isn't an open line, you can reinit and put in your password, etc. Depending on how your router is set up, you shouldn't have any problems by connecting through it. You may try tinkering with DHCP settings if there are still problems; some people prefer DHCP on or off for their setup.

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i no wth is Tiscali?

9. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

Thankyou for all of ur responses,i managed to fix it myself though. One person told me to run the network setup thing, this messed up half way thru and changed all of my net settings, in doing it it messed up my whole connection lol...so i tinkered with it and after an hour it was working...miraculously so was live, so whoever told me to run network setup, you both helped me break and fix it lol. cheers.

Ps, to the guy above tiscali is a uk isp.