1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANONYMOUS web surfing

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by D_messiah, Sep 23, 2007.

1. D_messiah

D_messiah Member

hi all, im trying to find out which is the best way to surf the web without broadcasting my ip address. Is there a program that does this best or what do i need to do...i tried connecting to the internet via a proxy server but 99%dont work or are waaaay tooooo slow loading pages.
    Please point me in the right direction.
    thanks ,
    dm13

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you can use the program hide ip

3. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Or alternatively you could use Tor, either in the full setup (see here) or built in as part of the firefox browser (see here) if you actually want online privacy.

4. matt1o1

matt1o1 Member

i dont know
    hay hay

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

there's no such thing as truly anonymous surfing. the question is, do you want to trust a bunch of guys providing you with a way filter your information why keeping a record of everything you do (credit card numbers, passwords, etc etc) all for free, or do you trust the service that you pay for to not turn you in for illegal downloads?

it all depends on what you do, but i don't trust proxies in any way, shape, or form.

6. Phlax

Phlax Guest

Then what's with the pointless posting? You seem to be doing quite a bit of it.. I'd report you, but it isn't working for me..

Maybe auslander can take a peak at the DS forum and see what I mean..

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

phlax, i think it would be best if you and i kept the off-topic posting elsewhere.

but i do agree, yes.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

matt1o1, read the forum rules as is obvious that you haven't or you would have seen this.
    8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.
    next time you do something like that you might hear the distant thunder approaching which you don't want to hear on this site. understand!!