1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Action Replay Max Please Help Thread...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dpag1974, Jan 16, 2005.

1. dpag1974

dpag1974 Member

Ok, Ill try to make this as simple as possible. I bought A.R.M. today and this one did not come with the 16MB MaxDrive. In any event, I thought Id be able to use my 256MB flash drive. I installed the Max M.C. on my PC, and got a hold of the save I was looking for. But when I try to drag-n-drop or add the .max file, I get no "convert" button aside it, which tells me that the file is not any good.
    So being hard headed I decide to try it anyway. I format my drive using USB 1.65 (which is supposed to be good for formatting a drive to use with ARM), put the .max files on there and go to the PS2. I turn it on, load up ARM and get to the MAX Memory part. The PS2 sees my drive but yet it doesnt see the files on it, crushed or uncrushed.
    Does anybody have an idea of whats going on here?
    If anything is unclear, please feel free to post and Ill fill in anything that needs to be made clear.

2. MrBoney

MrBoney Member

I had a weird problem as well. I discovered that the Smart media reader I had could double as a card. As a test, I downloaded a GTA: SA save off of GameFAQ's. Simply dragged it to the drive in Explorer, took the reader, plugged it into the PS2, booted ARM, and it works fine.

However, when I downloaded the latest code save update, I couldn't get that working.

The whole thing is very odd.

3. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

Okay dpag1974, here's your problem, I did the same exact thing and since you bought ARM without the max drive then you have to download the software from www.codejunkies.com. It's the MAXDRIVE PS2 Software. The MMC software you were using is so that you can play hombrew games and things. Download the Maxdrive software then do the drag and drop thing, it also has all the help you need on that site. I found it very useful. Hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  4. dpag1974

dpag1974 Member

Ok, owvp702, Im going to give this a try and Ill let you know what happens...

Alright, I got the MaxDrive PS2 Software from Codejunkies but when I tried to install it, I received an error message that said:

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file isnot suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application"

Any suggestions on what is causing this?

OK, new update...
    I fixed the autoexec problem and now I have installed the Maxdrive app...Lets see if I can get this going...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  5. dpag1974

dpag1974 Member

Hey, I just wanted to thank you owvp702. I installed the MaxDrive software and used that instead of the MMC, and it worked perfectly. Now if only I knew where I could get my hands on some files for NBA Live rosters......but thats another story.
    Thanks again.

6. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

7. dpag1974

dpag1974 Member

I tried clicking there but they dont have any updated rosters for PS2 Max Drives, only XBox. Do you know of anywhere else?
    Thanks for your help.