1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another alternative to dvd shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zatzteve, Feb 27, 2005.

1. zatzteve

zatzteve Member

Lately I have noticed than not all the DVD's I put in the pc are being read or even noticed. Sometimes they will allow my to analyse it after selecting the re-author option etc only to stop and throw up an error message 70% into the task!

Why is it doing this?

Why wont it recognise some dvds and it will others. Some of the DVD's that it will not recognise are older ones and some are brand new so it can't be age!

Can anyone suggest an alternative to DVD shrink 3.2?
    Will that make any difference?

Thanks in advance

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

dvd decrypter : It's a more powerful ripper. It can also burn.

Anydvd : This runs in the background to help dvd shrink break the newer encryptions.

Some movies have the little boy in green running around, This encryption you'll have to convert the non-referenced materials folder into a still image.You can do that with dvd shrink.

Some of the older dvd's may give you crc errors,usually dirty or scratched discs. Some of the newer encryptions are giving us those same crc errors. By running anydvd from slysoft, dvd shrink will cut through them,the grudge was one of them.

Sometimes you can get a bum disc on a brand new dvd. Usually taking them back for a replacement solves those issues.

If you have certain newer dvd's that won't let you rip with dvd shrink,just do a search here for each of those movies. Nero/anydvd/ and dvd shrink do 95% of my backups.

3. zatzteve

zatzteve Member

Thanks for you detailed response.