1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Cucusoft DVD converter thread. Software crashing, etc. Need Help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by nickeleye, Feb 7, 2007.

1. nickeleye

nickeleye Member

Hello everyone. First off I'm new to the boards.

I just got my new 5.5 gen video ipod yesterday and I've been trying to get some of my dvd video on to the ipod. I found the Cucusoft DVD to Ipod converter software and downloaded the trial and it worked great so tonight I figured I'd buy the full version to get rid of the watermark. Let the problems begin...

1. I install the latest version from the link given to me after purchasing the software and when asked to enter my registration (e-mail address and product key) I do so and I'm told to restart the application before use. The registration window closes and so I re-open the program and press the "Open DVD" button and the program just shuts itself down! No errors or antyhing. It just closes to the desktop. I've tried uninstalling, re-installing, making sure all files were deleted from the hard drive before re-installing and even cleared out the Windows XP registry of the Cucusoft entries. Nothing seems to work.

2. I decided to try installing the program on my macbook pro (using parallels). Went through the registration process and this time there's sucess. When I press the "Open DVD" button it doesn't crash to the desktop this time and I can actually pick the DVD drive for the source. This is where the success ends. In this case I was trying to rip a couple episodes of The Office and when I tell the program to open the drive it says that it can't play the disc because of Macrovision protection or something. It then leaves up a dialog box saying that it's fast forwarding to find the DVD menu and it just never gets there.

The thing I don't understand is that with the same DVD in my desktop computer using the TRIAL version there are no problems. The trial doesn't crash when I press "Open DVD" and it definitely doesn't give me any grief about Macrovision protection. Seriously what is going on here? I'm exptremely frustrated that paying for the retail version is what's giving me problems when the trial version didn't! I'm also peeved because there's no such thing as a refund if this thing doesn't end up working for me.

Sorry for such a long post. I hope somebody out there has some clue what's going on here.

2. redtommy

redtommy Guest

hey well i have a question i didn't buy the subscription code i got it off of a torrent. and i see no where to enter the code that it gave me can you help me out?

3. pmarchio

pmarchio Member

I just posted the same thread. I couldn't find the answer to this!!

4. nickeleye

nickeleye Member

Yeah, beats me. I just don't seem to have any luck. I downloaded the 3.xx version and I was able to open a DVD, but almost every one of the videos I ripped with that version ended up having video that had severe skipping glitches, which essentially renders the application useless. I'm very frustrated with this software.

5. Steck09BL

Steck09BL Member

try http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/guides.html that website it'll guide u the way threw and its free i had trouble with this too and then instead of using Videora Converter type in google and use Jodix free ipod converter fing that in a search engine.

6. Steck09BL

Steck09BL Member

u still have to download the dvd decrypter for the first part of the instructions

7. Steck09BL

Steck09BL Member

dont click on DVD encrypter go to google and type in free dvd encrypter

8. Steck09BL

Steck09BL Member

decrypter sorry

9. Steck09BL

Steck09BL Member

when u use jodix i would put the audio quality all the way up and the video quality 1 notch past half way