1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another DMR-E85H capacitor problem on the main board

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by JoePix, Oct 11, 2009.

1. JoePix

JoePix Member

I had such good luck using this forum to figure out the problems my E85 was having. And then giving me the confidence to dive into it with the upgrade capacitors in hand.

The two normally suspect caps were both swollen and leaking.

And a close inspection of all the machine's componets let me discover another swollen, leaking capacitor at position 3031 on the main board. Has anyone seen this before? Are there instructions to look at to make sure I don't mess anything up getting the big board out?

This will be the first of two units I have to fix. The other is at work. We also have a E95H there and it has never had an issue (so far).

Thanks all!

Joe

2. toyoman40

toyoman40 Member

I also replaced the same one on the main board and the 4 on the power supply board.I'am still getting U99 error,replaced HDD and same problem,also checked front panel and all connections.The hard drive is spining,do i need to update the firmware,the disc tray will open and then goes to U99 in few seconds any thing else to try.Thanks