1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by u_s_l80, Nov 27, 2007.

1. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

Hello. I have read about the xbox error code 21 as my xbox has been giving me this message. I still have the ability to boot regular games such as mechassault and still have the option to "run linux" when mechassault starts up. I don't know what went wrong or got deleted to display the error, but if anyone can guide me through this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

I forgot to mention....the F:drive shows 0.00MB/0.00MB. Is this normal?

Thanks again.

3. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

Anyone know how to solve this? I'd prefer not having to do a hot swap.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Is a corrupt dash file!

Try inserting a newer game and try to load Xbox LIVE, it should update your MS Dash and hopefully restore the dash.

If you can load the Softmod screen, simply use my 'How do I FTP an unmodded Xbox' tutorial!

5. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

I tried to connect my pc-xbox with a straight through cable using a modem and router. I changed my IP on the xbox, subnet mask, and default gateway. However when I save the changes it says I must restart the xbox for the changes to take place. When I turn the xbox back on and check the settings only the IP address shows up. The subnet mask and default gateway do not appear and when I press "A" to access them, it just shows all zeros for subnet mask and default gateway. Is this normal? Also if I do get the xbox addresses correct shouldn't I be able to ping it from my computer?

I tried networking my laptop to my pc using the modem and router setup above to see if I could do it. I was able to ping my pc from my laptop and received a reply, but when I try to ping my laptop from my pc it times out. Should this happen?

Thanks!

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

When it says to reboot, select reboot from the SID menu, it'll only restart UnleashX, not the Xbox. Then your settings will be changed! DOn't for get to click 'Save' at the bottom of the Network screen!

7. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

I downloaded the latest version of the ms dashboard and used flashfxp to copy them over to the C: drive and then rebooted. Still receive an error 21. I should have mentioned previously that I was able to play non-original games for a while before the error 21 came up. Is there any other files I can put on before having to try a hotswap?

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You need to DELETE the entire contents of the C:\, then copy the new files over! This is not optional!!!

There is a clean, working copy of the 5960 MS Dash in my software page!

9. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

Oh ok....makes sense....thanks!

10. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

Chunkhead,

Works fine now....thanks again!

11. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Not a problem dude, that's why I'm here!

:)

12. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

Sorry for double posting this....I meant to put this here in the xbox software section.

I tried doing your error 16 hotswap w/xplorer 360. Everything seems to go well. After I insert the ms dash (I downloaded from your software link) folder to partition 3 I don't know what it should look like (the last pic in your tutorial won't show?). Anyways I'm assuming it worked b/c I see the ms dash folder on the right hand side of xplorer 360. After I reconnect the ide cables and power off the xbox and then power it back on I still get error 16. Any help is appreciated!

13. u_s_l80

u_s_l80 Member

sorry for tri-posting now lol!! I copied each file individually and it worked this time. Hopefully someone will benefit from my mistakes :)