1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another linux noob!! - wondering which linux to get

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by noobz, May 21, 2007.

1. noobz

noobz Guest

ok i have just got into this and saw over my friends house that linux and it was easy and werks fast and i was wondering which one to get if i make a new pc and dont have money to get windows vista or something. i have read neumerous guides and understood the partition/another usb drive thing and wood want to know a easy linux many people preffered debian since really easy and good security and i also came across another 1 called linspire. www.linspire.com and tell me if this is good and like help me out on what i should do on my new pc. i am tired of windows! need something like it but easy and no security perblems.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

3. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  4. killaklan

killaklan Regular member

I'd recommend openSUSE because its very easy to use and is constantly updated where as other distros are updated once or twice a year

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Xan21 - that stupidly excessive signature needs fixing ASAP

Signatures

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

6. noobz

noobz Guest

i am going with debian and thanks a bunch

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I personally would go with Ubuntu since it is very user-friendly.