1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another new MS detection method? XGD3 games suddenly not booting for many

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by funksoulb, Nov 16, 2011.

1. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

A lot of people have suddenly found that their XGD3 games and AP2.5 protected XGD2 games suddenly don't boot, even though the dashboard hasn't been updated. Their consoles have also been flagged for bans. Check this thread here: -

http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/18685-disc-not-supported.html

There's another thread that's just been started on Xbox-Scene which will no doubt grow larger as people report the same problem.

My guess is that MS are now updating the DAE table silently over Live. Anyway, you have been warned! I would advise staying off Xbox Live until we know what's going on.

2. Redemp

Redemp Member

wow i thought it was just me that was having that problem , i tried to play modern warfare 3 about a hour ago but 3 hours before that it was running perfectly fine

the drive reads the game you can see the picture of the modern warfare 3

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Yeah, this is definitely some kind of new protection/detection as too many people have already posted about the problem for it to just be a coincidence.

I reckon that last dashboard update was preparation for this.

4. steo2k8

steo2k8 Regular member

I was actually expecting this with the new popular games being released. The ban wave 2 years ago was around this time of year too. With the new XDG3 format I knew it would happen and we'd end up likely on a ban wave. Here we go again another new xbox and some offline games to play in the meantime.

This always happens around the Call of Duty releases.

I'll stay off live and see for now.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

yeah my xval shows failed ap challenge. OH well now I can glitch that box :)

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

7. hackimus2

hackimus2 Regular member

Good thing I waited a while before ordering everything. I got games downloaded but haven't burned them yet so MW3 will not be anytime soon when I'm done. BTW is this coming from everyone or just those who hasn't used BurnerMax completing 100% of the burn?

8. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

everyone with mw3,silent update,not going online,maybe new checks,seems like abgx is gonna be busy now

9. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

It's affecting Burner Max users as well as those that used the truncate method.

It does seem that dae.bin has been updated either via a title update for a game (possibly MW3), or just silently over Xbox Live. The effects we're seeing are all AP2.5 related, so I'm 90% sure that it's that.

If that is true, it's going to make it very difficult for users of flashed consoles in the future, as c4eva has been unable to defeat AP2.5 completely and has said that it's not possible due to the huge combination of possible checks. We were OK in the past because we knew that dae.bin was only updated in some dashboard updates. If it can be updated at any time without us even knowing, then it's going to make things a huge PITA for those that use backups on Xbox Live.

10. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Yes no doubt this will be a major PITA... oh well we shall see what happens.. I was up and running then all of a sudden.. BAM! down goes Frazier!

11. hackimus2

hackimus2 Regular member

Interesting indeed....

12. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

Do we know if it originated with Modern Warfare 3? Are all XGD3 games causing this?

13. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

This is not good, especially the part I've made bold: -

Taken from c4evaspeaks.com.

14. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

gonna keep my flagged console online see what happens,

15. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

Oh no...this does not sound good at all. Anyone familiar with the terms ECM? DaveTV? :( Same principal.

16. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

damn acr works and its xgd3 but saints row 3 wont boot crap

17. Petries

Petries Regular member

Saints Row works for me along with Batman, but nothing else (Skyrim, MW3, ACR) works. Wish I could just take the thing offline and call it a day. Damnit.

18. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Hopefully there is a rollback. There are a lot of people on the official Xbox forums complaining about legit MW3 discs not working and even though some are probably pirates lying, I highly doubt all of them are.

19. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

ok, im officially banned (tried xval 2.0) not clean as secdata something or other.

i have two questions, now i cannot play the ad 2.5 games, how can i go about playing them (using console offline?)

and secondly, can i recover my gamertag onto a new console (legit) and continue to play with that gamertag and live subscription legit?

thanks

20. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

You don't necessarily get banned just because you're flagged. Lots of unmodded 360s have also been flagged because of this, so MS have to be careful they differentiate between people playing copies and people playing originals. They overturned some bans a few weeks ago because of it and they won't want the bad press again.

Currently, you can't. You may be able to dump the dae.bin file from your 360's NAND, then use that to re-rip your originals with up to date AP2.5 data. You do own the originals, right? ;)

Yep.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011