1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Newbie needs help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carlos2, Jan 19, 2005.

1. carlos2

carlos2 Member

I recently bought a Sony DRU-710A burner [double layer]. I have since downloaded DVD Decrypter [version 3.5.2.0.], DVD Shrink 3.2 and updated the Nero which came with the burner to version 6.6.0.6. [sony version]. I have successfully ripped, decrypted and saved to my hard drive. Then the problems start... Using Nero Recode 2, Remake a DVD, Import Title, Burn. I set up to begin burning [using Philips DVD+R discs, single layer], it gets to "Compiling DVD Volume started" and then the burning fails. The disc is ejected and thats all she wrote...! So, what am I doing wrong? Or do I have incompatible software? I saved the Nero log if anyone has the time to look at it. A mate told me to try DVD-R discs but I can't imagine thats the solution. Thanks in advance for any help. On a separate issue, does anyone have experience playing backed up DVD'S in vehicle DVD players?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

What kind of files do you have on the HD?

3. carlos2

carlos2 Member

.IFO, .BUP and .VOB?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

would be helpful if we new the error you was getting. If you want post the log file just make sure your nero serial id isnt listed if so edit that out before posting.

5. oquela

oquela Member

In addition to the log/error #, could you also post any info. on which operating system/RAM/processor you have? I've found that programs like dvdshrink actually act different on diff. systems.

1) Have you already burned a successful backup at all? Maybe your burner was a lemon...?

On your other question: I've played my backups (DVD-R)on Blaupunkt DVD players (not the in-dash models, but the ones that go under seats/in trunk) they play fine. I guess like the players for home, it depends on the DVD player mechanism.

6. carlos2

carlos2 Member

erm, red face here!!! i went out and bought some
    DVD-R's and it worked perfectly!!! plays on both DVD players in the house and even in my truck. my son is over the moon, having nemo on the road. thanks to all who responded, this forum is great.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Guess it depends on the player. The one my son has plays +R in the car.