1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie post...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ypnos, Oct 30, 2004.

1. ypnos

ypnos Member

Hi all

I've spent a couple of days now looking through various posts and can't really find the information I need... Feel free to treat me like a complete and utter newbie!

I have a 1.6 box with a 2.6 Lite Xecuter chip. I know it works because the 'EVO X' logo comes up. I have done nothing else to the box. Not installed anything, not networked to it and not changed the hard drive.

I have 2 game backups I would like to play. Fable and Mortal Combat. They are already in ISO format. I have used Nero 6 to burn them (the ISO's) both to fairly ok quality DVD-R's at 8x and at 2x. However when I put any of them in the box, I get a 'dirty disc' error.

I have downloaded Craxation, Qwix and of course Nero.

So the quetion is, what do I have to do, to get these games to work, without copying them to the box's hard drive?

Also, I thought I could play movie DVD's without M$'s pointles adapter. Why can I not do this?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  3. ypnos

ypnos Member

Thanks!

I'm downloading Slayer's something-or-other at 350MB. I understand it's an alternative load screen (?). Hopefully that'll solve it.