1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by eric_0012, Apr 30, 2005.

1. eric_0012

eric_0012 Member

I've just recenntly started backing up my DVD's and decided to use DVD Shrink & Decrypter. I use DVD Shrink to reauthor and select what I want, I always pick just the main movie and deselect all but the audio 5.1 english then I burn with Decrypter.

I have read that some use Decrypter to decrypt & encode then use DVD Shrink to to compress the movie and then use Decrypter to burn.
    My question is, I just backed up Mystic River which is 138 minutes and doing it with DVD Shrink and then burn with Decrypter the best compression I get is 66.4%

Is there any other way to back this movie up with less compression??? or is the way I did it the best it gets????

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Decrypter is a great tool but dosen't encode, it has serveral functions but the basic ones are to rip or write a dvd. If you want the least amount of compression you are doing it correct, re-author movie only and one audio track. But it could get better, do a search on DVD Rebuilder

3. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

You could also edit the start/end frames to boost your compression percentage up...

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i can't remember what percentage i got with Mystic River, but as i do all movies as movie only with Shrink, guess mine was around the same. I don't tend to take notice of the compression ratio anymore (unless its like virtually 3hours) as( for me) i can't tell the difference on my portable tv or my dad's huge modern widescreen tv

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I also tend to do the movie only, do a deep analysis with Shrink. I backed up this movie using Shrink and Decrypter and it looked fine on my 52 inch tv.