1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another newbie

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by jaybarton, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jaybarton

jaybarton Member

sorry to bug but i'm a newbie to ripping as well but i'm picking up on it fast

i run osx 10.4 and i'm having the problem w/ dvdbackup1.3 skipping .vob files what are my options? it's driving me nuts and MTR will not decrypt my dvd at all. dvdbackup decrypts perfectly however but skips files. i burned the disk w/skipped files and it's perfect quality but only half the movie is there. any help would be greatly appreciated. just don't know if i have to try to downgrade to 10.3 if possible or just wait for another update. THANKS

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

Why not use Mac The Ripper?

3. jaybarton

jaybarton Member

i said in my message that MTR won't decrypt it, i read somewhere that it Mack The Ripper won't decrypt some of the stronger decryptions. I've tried em all.

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OH, YES, IT WILL!!!!!!!! MTR 2.6.6 just did Saw3 for me today. All the new encryptions are similar. Funny, but the new betas wont work on them yet.

You have to DISABLE pre-screen mode. VERY IMPORTANT. Also disable your player software it will try to monopolize movies. Make sure your preferences are set so that FULL MOVIE EXTRACTION IS NOT SELECTED.

Then...run the movie only. Under MODE, title extraction choose the one that is movie only. Rip that with MTR. Still some title sets may need to be removed for good playback. I used dvd2one for the bad sector removal and shrinking. Just remove any cell with a duration of 0.00.

Works great! Love MTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a good program.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. jaybarton

jaybarton Member

ok thank, i'll give it a shot

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Good luck, I think the simple instructions are a bit easier, but if you look at the saw thread in this forum (mac) I have it detailed out step by step. And you WILL need to delete the 0.00 duration cells or DVD2oneX will gag on them.