1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another noob needing help for making DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jin11, Mar 24, 2005.

1. jin11

jin11 Guest

Hello all,

I'd like to know some information. Here is my problem. I have a DVD RW on my pc which can burn DVD's.

I have video files on my pc, such as wmv and mpeg and avi files which I would like to burn to a DVD. Not as a Data DVD but as video.

I have Nero Vision which I thought could have done everything. I edited menu's and everything. It even converted the files, but when it started to burn to the disc, the program froze all the time. So now I'm stuck.

I'd use the normal Nero burning program but it says I need files in ".bup, .vob, .ifo" type files. And I don't have these files. So there's where the problem is.

Does anyone know how I can take normal video files from my PC and burn it to a DVD so that I can view it on my DVD player on the tv. Thanks in advance.

2. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

i am a n00b to but i found the best program to use for everything was TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6

the only problem is you need winavi to make your files mpeg-2 before you start the authoring (Making Menu's etc) After you have authored your video file TMPGEnc Convetrs the file into vob's etc and then give's you the option to burn them

There should be a guide to use TMPGEnc On afterdawn or just type in TMPGEnc Guide into google hope i helped

3. zipline

zipline Member

ok hi there , i have the same problem as you .
    its head recking, if anyone can help it would be amazing.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Let me help you all out a little :)

See the link in my signature? Click on that and go to the guide called <Convert AVI to DVD>

Good Luck :)

5. jin11

jin11 Guest

Thanks for the help.

But does anyone else have any info or ideas on different ways I could do this. Or if they reccomend a special way or program. Thanks.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Maybe you should explain a bit more on what you are seeking.If you had trundled over to bbmayo 's site you would of seen a guide for burning avi to dvd using divx to dvd.This program is relatively easy to use .You load your file into it and set the destination point then click convert.Its a reasonable quick converter with times as low as 1hr on the encoding process.

macca1990:
    After using tmpgenc this program can utlise nero as the burning agent.

Another option would be for you to check out the guides tab at the top of the screen and then you can choose the option and method which is most suitable for you.

7. Cassie777

Cassie777 Member

Jin11, I also use NeroVision and I don't think that your program is freezing. The transcoding phase just takes a long time (hours depending on the size of the movie you're burning). During the transcoding phase, it appears like the progress bar and timers stop but if you'll notice, your curser will have become an hourglass (if you use windows). It's still running, just leave it alone and let it finish transcoding.