1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one bites the dust... demonoid.com

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by robtehgod, Dec 22, 2004.

1. robtehgod

robtehgod Member

Sad to say this, but after a couple hundred refreshes, I have come to the conclusion that another very good bittorent tracker website is now in the past... Good bye demonoid.com

2. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Demonoid is down. Finally a message was posted. It was due to legal pressures as well as bandwidth cost ect. Not sure what the legal pressure was though

3. otomon

otomon Member

I was a member of that community......It was the nicest tracker I ever knew.....I will miss it(The creator even took down forums)

4. goose2000

goose2000 Member

Yeah I thought the same thing about Demonoid.com, after entering the link IE just took me back to my homepage, mind you it isnt surprising it got shut down. Due to all the illegal content on there. But when a new site is launched I want to visit it.

5. goose2000

goose2000 Member

Yeah I thought the same thing about Demonoid.com, after entering the link IE just took me back to my homepage, mind you it isnt surprising it got shut down. Due to all the illegal content on there. But when a new site is launched I want to visit it.

6. GuidoZ

GuidoZ Member

oto! =D

It really sucks what happened to Demonoid. I feel for Deimos and all others involved. I know first hand what it feels like to be caught in the crossfire. (Check out http://www.udgnet.com/)

Oto, I've decided to try and make a new home at EliteTorrents.org - feel free to join me. ;) Looks to be lots of TorrentBits people there, plus they seem pretty cool. Very different setup however. Will take some getting used to.

::EDIT:: Forgot to metion that I'm in touch with willigan through email. He shared this link with me:
    - http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/58231

Hope all is well. Drop me a line through Udgnet.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  7. otomon

otomon Member

Gman I been thinking of making a new forum titled "Demonoid Revival".......Tell everyone and tell me what you think,if the gang thinks is cool then ill make it.....answer soon....also how was you case?

8. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

its not good at all watching all these sites going
    hopefully the p2p community will unite and become stronger for all this

9. otomon

otomon Member

DaOST.......demonoid wasnt just another tracker to me.....it was the best site...with the best online community i have ever seen....i feel like i lost a home......

10. GuidoZ

GuidoZ Member

oto, Unfortunately the only "gang" I have is Willigan (whom hasn't responded to email in over a week) and you. :( I didn't have contact information for everyone. I wish Deimos hadn't removed the forums as well, but I realize why he did. Too much information there that could be twisted.

If you could use the Demonoid.com domain and get some forums back up, that would be AWESOME. Word would get around quickly. Nothing illegal about a friggin forum, but give the RIAA/MPAA time. They will find something about it to sue. >=/

11. otomon

otomon Member

Dude Im not planing on doing anything illegal that will get poor old Deimos in trouble....anyways, Im thinking on making an invision free forum......fully custumized!
    Add me to msn(i'manidiot.com edited by ddp)anytime so we can talk!
    Also Darb,Dragman and Willigan already rejected me!
    Add me to msn soon so you can tell me `bout your case!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  12. darb0210

darb0210 Member

We didn't reject you oto we just weren't ready for you yet cuz you had been known to spam the demonoid forum and we were just trying to get this new forum started. You'd know that if you've checked your email today.

Anyway we are ready and braced for your impact just keep it toned down, mmkay? lol

And GuidoZ I thought willigan got a hold of you? He has been on vacation until lately though. Well anyway pretty much ALL the regulars can be found here (except for you two that is):

http://chevronthrees.biz/forums/index.php

I hope you both join us.

PS - I kind of like hiding behind the front of drag's band. Not that we have anything to hide.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  13. Caveneau

Caveneau Member

Yes, Damn shame about Demonoid.com. I too feel a personal loss. It was so easy for me to use. They constantly kept me updated several times a day of new torrents. I use a mac, for me Mactorrents - MKA is also a great site, but Demonoid combined the best of everything and more. I don't want to believe it's all over. there must be a rebirth. I'm having a very difficult time finding trackers of equal caliber.
    Any one??