1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANOTHER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kerry9050, Feb 10, 2005.

1. kerry9050

kerry9050 Guest

after the encodeing phase i am now getting the following message:

Video Files Reallocation Failed.

For some reason i cannot change from PIO to DMA.

Should i uninstall and re- install both my DVD Drive & CD R Drive?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Go into device manager,uninstall primary ide,reboot. Do the same thing to the secondary ide,and reboot.

What programs are you using?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817472

Important:
    Windows XP will often get confused and report that a drive IS running in DMA mode when in reality, it's not. To fix this, Uninstall the IDE/ATA Controller (NOT the Channels!!!) from under the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers branch (again in Device Manager) and reboot your PC. Windows will 'find' it again when it boots back up. DMA will be enabled by default.

You should also check that DMA is enabled and active within the system BIOS screen. That's the screen you access by pressing DEL, F2 etc when the machine first boots up. You normally have to enable it for each device connected to the IDE bus - it's not a single setting to enable / disable it.
    Setting it to 'Auto' is the best bet - rather than DMA 5, 4... 1, PIO 4, 3...1 etc.

[​IMG]

4. kerry9050

kerry9050 Guest

Thank's everyone,
    I uninstalled my IDE and rebooted, everything re-set and it went back to DMA. I then had to un-install and re-install my NERO program, now everything is back to normal as far as i can see.

DEEP ANALYSIS: 30-40 MIN
    DECODE & ENCODE: 30-40 MIN
    BURN: 13-15 MIN

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yo kerry, great to see that you are up a burning.

I have heard quite a few threads on nero errors. When nero gives you something around 5 or 6 burn errors in a row,it automatically reverts to the pio mode,safety purposes.Uninstalling and Rebooting usually takes care of it. Nero can be finicky. I will probably have to reboot nero tomorrow,I keep getting the same error on my registry scans. Good Luck and keep it burnin!