1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another "Slow Upload speeds.."

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by corn, Feb 1, 2008.

1. corn

corn Guest

Firstly, sorry for another "slow bittorent speeds", but I can't find my answer anywhere.

Ok, I was using port 6112, with it forwarded, and then I tried a random port, I think it was 50,412 or something. But anyways, now I am using 1720, as a user stated to use in another post, once again it's forwarded.

My ISP info: I have ATT "High Speed" DSL, 10MBPs, I don't know what my UP speed is.

Problem: I used to get speeds up to 300 kb/s+, but now I get speeds up to about 100 KB/S on a good day (good seeds, few leachers). My up speed is no more than 55 KB/S which is what it was always been, but shouldn't it be higher? I have tried all the guides, but have gotten no luck :(.

Thanks for any help!

Edited for typo's

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

What bittorrent client are you using? (Azureus, uTorrent etc)

3. corn

corn Guest

Utorrent, version 1.7.6

4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Have you tested to see if your uTorrent is cleared thru to the internet by using the Test if port is forwarded properly button in uTorrent at Options/Speed Guide? Result?

5. corn

corn Guest

Yeah, it is.

6. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Since the port test shows OK, the next step would be to make adjustments in uTorrent based upon your upload speed.

At Options/Speed Guide there is a link to a speed test at dslreports.
    You should click to go there and stop all internet activity, including torrents, and take the test.
    The important part is your upload speed.
    You may want to take the test a couple times to get a reliable average.

Once you have your average upload speed you can go back to the Speed Guide screen and there is a pulldown menu of typical upload speeds, where it says Connection Type.
    Select the one closest to your upload speed and press the Use selected settings button and uTorrent will auto adjust internal settings to their optimum for speed.
    These are listed in kilobits (kbs).

Let me know if you have any Qs.

7. corn

corn Guest

Sweet, thanks. I got about 40+ KB/s in UP speed!!