1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Sony DRU-510A Problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dannibus, Oct 6, 2003.

1. dannibus

dannibus Member

I bought a Sony DRU-510A. It seemed to install without problem, and I was able to use it to load the bundled software. When the computer boots, the drive (set up as secondary master) is recognized by the BIOS, and by Windows. But only initially, once media (I've tried almost everything Data CD, Audio CD, Retail DVD, blank DVD-R, blank CD-R) is inserted into the drive and it is shut, the drive seems to "disappear". It is no longer visible under Windows Explorer, or the Device Manager. I don't know what other information would be relevant, but if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it! Thank a lot y'all.

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Doesn't sound like a drive problem to me.

I once had a hard drive disappear on me. the drive worked fine on another computer.

question: If you were aware of all the probs with sony burners, why did you get one?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2003
  3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

Um? did you have to set the jumper at the back? is it set to master or taken out what ever it needs to be on its own? or as a dual drive with another? they sound like they make conflict?

Thx...

EDIT: i would also check cables!!!! also does your motherboard bios find it?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003