1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another SVCD toVHS problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by xrayzz, Oct 12, 2002.

1. xrayzz

xrayzz Member

I am creating video memorials for a local funeral home, used in the state room and as a prelude to the memorial service. Since many relatives of the deceased are old like they were, they do not have a DVD player. I have tried recording from the DVD player to VHS but the quality sucks. I have tried two scan convertors to record from MPEG-2, quality sucks. I have tried PCI TV out quality sucks. The feed thur the VCR from the scan convertor looks great but the playback from tape is fuzzy (sucks). If you can help I will give you some pointers on how to do the same in your town. I get $40.00
    for each SVCD and $10.00 for each copy. It takes about 2 hours to make a memorial.
    Thanks

2. PXR5

PXR5 Guest

If you have a digital camcorder and a firefire connection on your PC you can try this.
    You may get a better quality dub by recording to a firewire camcorder and then recording from the camcorder to a VCR. I have had good results doing this. There is very little loss this way.

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

its sounds to me like your vcr sucks. you may want to try different recording settings for your vcr. or try another vcr ....