1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another tip for faster gameplay...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by OmriSama, Apr 27, 2007.

1. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Ok, i know that to have a good backup, you need to have quallity discs,good burn,defrag your comp blah blah... but i found another way to make the gameplay faster!

Ok, basically all you gotta do is to just refresh the TOC. I used my copy of Sonic Heroes to refresh the TOC, then i used my backup of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + and it worked fast! better than before.

So basically,refresh your TOC!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

However, if you do decide to do so, be careful you don't overload the PS2's memory. It'll be like trying to boot up Swap Magic, and you accidentally loaded SM again and loaded your backed-up game from it, and then, comes a black screen because your PS2's memory can't handle it. My slim silver v15 PS2 is a prime example, but I can't vouch for anyone else having a similar issue when trying to refresh their TOC for a game. But of course, there's no harm in doing so. So don't be surprised if you got something similar to mine.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007