1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another way to Shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pjwatkins, Jun 7, 2004.

1. pjwatkins

pjwatkins Guest

Is there another program to use other than DVD Shrink to compress the movies? I am having problems with DVD Shrink and can't get it to work?

2. jonusry

jonusry Guest

If you want to copy your movies, listen up. I've tried every type of program and procedure. All you need is dvd decrypter and a program from intervideo called dvd copy. It's not very expensive (around twenty bucks)and does better job than xcopy(no banners either). Rip the movie to your hard drive with decrypter, then put a blank dvd-r in and open dvd copy. Direct dvd copy to the ripped movie folder, click burn, and sit back and wait for a perfect copy every time. It is really a versatile program and will burn to either one disc or two. It's up to you.

3. pjwatkins

pjwatkins Guest

I tried using just DVD Dcrypter but I guess I didn't do it right. I selected it to chose only the main movie files but it still said it was too big when I went to burn. Any suggestion?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter is a ripper only - it doesn't compress.

How exactly is Shrink not working for you? If you can't get Shrink to work there is a good chance there is something wrong with your hardware/software/methods that will affect other compression apps as well.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004