1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antec 900 Front Audio Problem, please help!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Eugene482, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Hi I have a problem with my Front Green Audio jack, it's like it's not detecting mirophones/headphones at all. I have the Realtek sound driver installed and the rear jack works fine, it's just like this front jack is disconnected. I use P5K motherboard. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and on my 'previous' Antec 900 case, the Turn on/off button didn't quite work .... since it didn't turn on the motherboard... I will just hope it's not the famous antec... plz..
    Thanks in advance.

2. ERICKO200

ERICKO200 Member

Hello. i would pull of my side panel and check if u have any extra cables. sometimes audio are like a bunch of little rectangular cables that plug into the motherboard. Just pop off your side pannel and check. I left mine off on the count that i have 2 sets and only use one. lol. if u have any other questions on what to do if u do find out that they are unplugged reffer to you motherboard guide to look at where those cables plug in.. if you dont have your mother board book. run agoogle search with your motherboard's model followed by manual im shure you will figure it out. if u can let me know and ill try to get your motherboard manual for you. hope it helps

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's funny, that front panel seems to be an issue with 900s, the hard disk LED doesn't work on mine. Not tried the front audio, but the switches work.
    Are you doubly sure you've connected the cable from the audio connectors to the right place on the motherboard/sound card?

4. ERICKO200

ERICKO200 Member

hello sammorris, frequently front panel hookups ojn motherboard vary greatly.. some u actually need to such the cables around for it to work. for example on some plastic ends u have 3 holes u have green, then none, then white, sometimes u have to pull out the green and moove it over one spot to put it next to the white for the led to work. usually on hdd leds u just have to flip it around just turn the cable 180 degrees and plug it back in that should work.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

But when you have the manual telling you where all the pins are...

6. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

sammoris, I did not build the system remember -.- ?

Anyways, I think where you connect the cables from front panel to motherboard is called AAFP? The 9 Pin connector? Gonna open the case now...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  7. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Yay, instead of the cheap looking AC'97, (which's connectors seemed to go up and down,) I used the one before that, I think it's HD audio. Now the front panel is online :). Thanks.

But here's a another problem. You know the sound when you insert a cd into a cd rom... the like spinning vacuum like sound? Ok, that kind of sound came from the back of my PC, I think 2nd time now. I think I only see my GPU ass there. And the monitor is like turned off as if it's not receiving signals from GPU when I turned the PC on. What's the problem?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's a fan spinning at top speed, not a CD drive. Most graphics cards spin the fan at maximum speed when there's no communication between them and the PC. They usually spin down after a few seconds, but since your PC isn't booting (hence the no picture) it'll stay there.
    Check all the cables inside the PC (especially the 4-pin +12V connector for the CPU) and reseat all the cards and memory sticks.