1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anther X3 help FRAG please... HELP ME

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by k2rid3r, Mar 31, 2005.

1. k2rid3r

k2rid3r Member

yup i did it i got my mod chip today and installed it after making sure my soldering was perfect i turned it on it go and then just dies .....then do it 2 more times, and the samething happned. but the 4th time in it goes frag....i have x3ce idk how to flash and idk what to do
    :::::crying cus i bought a new xbox for this ::::::::

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

check your soldering,look for solder splashes, look for lifted traces...if the install was done correctly the box would boot to the Flashbios screen...and since it doesn't boot to flashbios, something is wrong with the install of the chip.

3. k2rid3r

k2rid3r Member

ok fixed the start up prob.....now it will only start in mod chip and will not display that blue screen....and when i turn the mod chip off it goes for 3 sec then restarts ( BY IT SELF ) into mod chip form....if anyone out there is willing ill send you my mother bored if u think u can fix it also ill pay u for you servuses

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

What Xbox version do you have?? Have you checked all of your solder points and made sure they are on connected to the right points? Have you looked over your board with a magnify glass to see if you have and solder splashes somewhere? Is everything hooked up correctly? Wipe down the motherboard with a dry rag, but make sure you are not standing on carpet when you do it, as it may result in your mother board being ruined due to ESD.

Oh, and if you need some extra help, such as sending in the board, check out this site, http://www.geocities.com/modchipzone