1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Answers?? 64MB Memory Card changed to 8MB??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 6ixtynin9, Feb 6, 2008.

1. 6ixtynin9

6ixtynin9 Guest

I've had this memory card for quite some times now. It's a third party 64MB MC. I was able to save well over 60 games on it. Then one day I bought a new game. Loaded into my HDD and played it. When I attempt to save the game into the 64MB MC, I recieved a message saying: "No Memory Card Inserted In Slot 1". I thought it was just an error, so I removed and reinsert the MC. Same error message?! I repeated for at least 5 mins. Still the same. So, what I did was loaded MC Killer and formatted the memory card. It's works now but only 8MB is available?!?! WTF? Now I can't even save over 15 games. I'm not too worry about the gamesave. The capacity is more important. Is there any program that will unformat it or a program that will allow me to get the rest of the space back at least? Any input, any sites, any links, any answers will help. Thanks and I greatly appreciate it.

2. PR4NK573R

PR4NK573R Member

Maybe the memory card had software installed on it that compressed data so you could fit more on? Then when formatted it wiped that pre-installed software with it too? I'm no expert but it might be something like that.

3. drklrd1

drklrd1 Member

Format your memcard with AR Max. It should bring it back close to 64 MB, but it varies, you may get lucky and get back 64 or nothing. Won't hurt to try.