1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any body heard of this website americancdduplication.com

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by webone, Dec 20, 2004.

1. webone

webone Member

It claimes you can copy any DVD video to a single, standard CD.
    "For less than a night at the movies, you'll get our all-inclusive software and easy, full-color instructions to Copy ANY DVD to a CD-R! Yes, the same CD-R's you've purchased in packs of 100 or more can now become an integral part of your multimedia library with EXACTLY the SAME QUALITY as those DVD's you've been forced to shell out upwards of $20 each in stores."
    Is this BS or is it true and if it is true, will this play on your standard dvd players and have acceptible quality.
    Thanks for your time.

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

My gut feeling tells me it's BS cause a CD doesn't hold near as many files as a DVD. Even if it is true the picture quality of the CD would suck because the files would need alot of compression.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Why spend the $$$$ when you can use DVD2AVI ?

Why you would want to take a DVD and convert it to a VCD or an SVCD I wouldn't know BUT claiming the quality of a DVD ? I think NOT ! Not in this space / time continuum.

Cheers and welcome to aD -

(and the Newbies will learn . . . .

Pete

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hmmm lets see?? Average DVD movie 5GB.. CD ROM 800MB..
    So you would have to compress a DVD movie to 80%. Would that be good.. Well I guess you.. aww hell, who are we kidding here of course it is BS!! You would be basically buying a bunch of crap that will tell you exactly what yuou can find here at AD anyway so don't waste your money and go to the guides and read up on converting from DVD to VCD or SVCD because that is what you would have to do to be able to play them on your standard DVD player. The thing is that this has pretty much become ancient history with DVD Writers and DVD media becomming so cheap so why would anyone want to waste there time and efforts on making VCD's. These are good for your home movies or short video clips, but that is about it.
    My recomendation, save your money and buy a DVD writer.
    I suppose you could get pretty good quality if you put the movie onto 5 or 6 CD-R's, but then you would be spending more on CD-R's than on a DVD-R.

Good luck, but my final opinion it is BS! :)

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nicely said -

6. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea agree 100% with bbmayo.