1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Difference???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drock99, Dec 27, 2007.

1. drock99

drock99 Member

i got my 360 flashed by someone to with a older version but i want to update to a newer version myself.
    Is there any difference when flashing an already flashed xbox 360 compared to flashing for the first time?

2. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

depends. what drive do you have? if you have a hitachi, you should "restore" to the original and then reflash. if it's a samsung/lg or benq, i think you can just reflash without any problems.

3. drock99

drock99 Member

got the samsung drive. thanks

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

ya then if you have a samsung just flash as normal. do you have your orig.bin from the person who flashed?if not just read the firmware on the drive as a orig.bin since you only need the drive key for the new firmware. then just copy orig.bin to iextreme 12x folder and create the new ix14.bin. i only say 12x because i read on xbox-scene that they can detect fan upgrades and shit, and if they can do that i am wondering if they can detect the disc being read slower than originals do.

5. drock99

drock99 Member

i have the old Xtreme firmware (the one where you cant go on Live). would it work the same way?

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

ya no probs, it still has your drive key injected to it.