1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any drive that can not be flashed?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kenshiro4, Nov 25, 2007.

1. kenshiro4

kenshiro4 Member

I was wondering if there are any Samsung/Hitachi/BenQ drive/model that can not be flashed currently? I am going to get one this week and want to know if there are any that I should cross my finger not to get.
    Also, there are a lot more posts on samsung and hitachi compared to Benq. Is Benq tougher to flash?
    Thanks.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I'm pretty sure that all the Drives can be flashed! The BenQ drives just came out with its firmware so I guess people may be experiencing some difficulties flashing them! I have an ms28 and flashed it within 10 minutes! Very easy to flash!

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Actually, the Benq is quite simple to flash. It's the Hitachi fl/fk 79 thay you would want to avoid. It can be flashed, but first needs a mod chip installed.

4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Gah, I am pretty sure I have the bad hitachi drive *smacks it*

The mod chip... is it installed on the motherboard of the 360, or on the drive? Ah nevermind, I'll look it up lol.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Installed in the drive.

6. kenshiro4

kenshiro4 Member

Is the fl/fk79 very common? I wonder if most of the new system with HDMI port are fl/fk 79.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya... it's about a 50/50 chance that you'll either get a Benq or Hitachi 79.

8. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Man its weird that 360drives link people keep throwing around, I have a lot 739, team cson or whatever... and everyone there that has lot 739 from that team has a benq drive.. but mine looks to be a hitachi (from the picture with the 3 different drives).

Man, I have done ps 1 and 2 mods, wii mods, and I build and repair computers... and I have no idea why this 360 thing seems to complicated to me. It just seems the more I read, the more confused I get. Theres two major types of firmware... then somewhere I read that it says xbox backup creator will make a backup that all you have to do is rip then burn... yet then I see somewhere else they talk about ripping, then patching, then burning. I myself end up getting a headache before I get any answers and stop for a while... then when I come back, theres even more posts that confuse me. I know I sound like a total idiot, but I am just lost lol.