1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any dvd and clone

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bombagirl, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

Hi,
    I'm trying to copy a dvd....succeeded with any dvd however when copying the file with clone it doens't start processing. this same dvd I have tried copying with fabdecrypter as a whole movie however shrink still gives error....am almost giving up :(

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you don't give very much detail what your problem is, except telling us that there is a problem......what movie are you trying to copy? and are you using AnyDVd and CloneDVd properly...... what did you do and what error message did it display? Are you using Vista? what's your computer specs? when using DVDFab...... what version are you using (free version or Platinum)? a little information goes a long way to solving your problem.

3. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

I'm trying to copy the series desperate housewives css protection, I use windows xp, dvdfab the free version and after is succeded copying it still couldn't watch the movie on powerdvd and copying it using shrink as apparently it had errors.

now I tried copying it with anydvd and then shrink it using shrink however it told me that encountered and error and failed to read a vob file....invalid access to memory location. why is that please?

I don't know but I used anydvd and clone before and never gave me problems so I think I'm using them properly yes

mind you after I copy using anydvd (version6.1.0.0) I only get a video_ts file

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I've had movies not open before (I've never used Clone but this sounds familiar) even after using AnyDVD. Usually the files need processed and sorted properly. Vobblanker does that, http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/vobblanker.cfm

Just the basics you need are easy to do, just read this guide, especially part 2.1 explaining VObblanker.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154
    You can also strip extras and use its other advanced features, but all youll need to do is find your video_TS file as input, choose an output file, press process. Let us know if this helps.

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yes the video TS folder is correct when ripping with anydvd, transcode it with clonedvd 2 or dvd shrink and burn to disc. using good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim burning NO faster than 8x

heres a helpful guide

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

l

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  7. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

can I do something for the problem of not finding a vob file, as already tried with shrink and any dvd and when I tried with clone and anydvd it doesn't start processing....yes the disk is a bit scrached :(

are there any freeware for anydvd latest version and clone 2 and I only have the version 4.0

8. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

tried using VOB BLANKER and gave me this error:

Fixing Cell # 4, VID=3 CID=2
    WARNING: NavPack not found LBA= 56629
    WARNING: NavPack not found LBA= 56773
    WARNING: NavPack not found LBA= 56927
    ERROR: NavPack out of VOB!!

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completed

I give up! :(

9. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

bombagiryeah you have a bad/scratched dvd thats def the problem

you can only use the anydvd and clonedvd 2 free trial for 21 days

Intervideo DVDCopy5 reads scratched dvds and theres a free trial so you may give that a try

http://www.intervideo.com/InterVideoDVDCopy/

if this program won't get though it, can the dvd

10. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

ok I'll give it a try, thanks :)

11. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

ok installed it however it is crashing when I locate the source....shall I try from the videots folder of anydvd?

12. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah you can try that

or try reripping the dvd with DVDCopy5

13. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

what do u mean re-ripping the dvd? how?

14. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

can it be that I'm having problems copying it with dvdcopy because of it's copyprotection? tried on another dvd worked well

15. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

I have alcohol 120% version 1.9.2....can it solve my problem? it is telling me that dvd is copyprotected, how can I solve the problem? had to uninstall dvdcopy 5 ax it was crashing :(

16. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

you need to run anydvd behind DVDCopy5 .DVDCopy5 is a transcoder ONLY. it will not remove the copy protection by its self

transcode the store bought dvd again using DVDCopy5 with anydvd running in the background

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  17. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

can u explain in simpler words? I can't understand what u mean....can u tell me again in steps? thanks

18. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

dvdcopy5 has the option of fitting a dvd to one disc....does that mean that it shrinkes like dvd shrink?

19. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yes correct

20. bombagirl

bombagirl Guest

ok all done, thanks to everyone :)