1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANY DVD causing major headaches

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Sharlow, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Sharlow

Sharlow Member

HELP Please

I've been using any dvd to copy dvds now for about a year. everything was working fine up to about upgrade 6.0.6.1. Then I start receiving an error message stating that I have no DVD Drive installed in my computer. This obviously is a lie, and my bios is recognising the drive is there, but windows and any dvd are refusing to recognise the drive. The only way I could find to fix this was to uninstall anydvd completely, which is a waste of time as I want use it. I've done every upgrade that Slysoft have made available, right up to the latest one released today, and it's still doing it.

I found one fix which allowed me to get it to work properly, but it involved deleting information from the registry. Since that time I've had a hard drive crash and lost a lot of information, this trick being one of the things lost. This was however only a short term fix and involved rebooting my computer about 4 times to get anydvd to work.

As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating, and I'm fed up with having to install anydvd, re-boot, error message there, unisntall anydvd, reboot, clear out registry entry, reboot again, reinstall anydvd, reboot, etc etc etc just to copy one dvd.

Thanks for any help.
    J

2. SCEvan

SCEvan Member

i had the same problem, the easiest solution it to upgrade to 6.1.0.7

3. Sharlow

Sharlow Member

Okay, I'll give that a go and see if that makes any difference. Should I then do the latest updates or not?

4. onya

onya Guest

@Sharlow, A newer version 6.1.1.3 is out, when I got my email notification to that effect, part of the bug fixes log include that non recognition issue. As I type this to you another update came through V 6.1.1.4?. Busy little devils aren't they?

Cheers.

5. syntheti

syntheti Member

i have noticed that there have been a lot of updates lately

6. onya

onya Guest

@syntheti, That's for sure. The guys and gals at Slysoft really have their work cut out for them. They don't always get it 100% correct every time or even in time for some of the latest releases, but, sooner or later, they do. Good one Slysoft.

Cheers.

7. syntheti

syntheti Member

they have some of the best product support ive seen

8. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

There are always updates made--which is why I was surprised that it took them so long for the Saw 3 update.

9. syntheti

syntheti Member

the updates have usually ran bi-weekly but there have been multiples in a week

10. onya

onya Guest

@Mr_Pink, if memory serves, and correct me if I'm wrong, Ireland posted that Anydvd had infact issued a beta release. The encryption/decryption issues surrounding sawIII and others, must have been very tricky, hence the official release delay.
    If your interested, THIS is where the beta was released.

@Sharlow, Are you still with us? How are you going now?

Cheers.

11. Sharlow

Sharlow Member

Well i.ve reinstalled every thing and so far so good.

I actually have a hard drive hooked up to my dvd drive as a slave (was told to do it this way rather than buy a pci card when I wanted to put a third drive into my computer).

I've disconnected this and it seems to have stopped the drive getting lost.

Any one have any idea why this would make any differance?