1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any easy movies (DVD9) to learn on?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Krs12, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Krs12

Krs12 Guest

I'm new to this DVD copy stuff but I'm starting to get it down. I have no problems coping a DVD5 to DVD-r using DVD decrypter, so now I'm trying a DVD 9 movie. Any suggestions on movies to start with? Something that is slightly too big that doesn't require much work. Also, is there any easy way to only extract the movie and drop all the xtras? When I wiew the movie I want to put the disk in and have the movie start up. No menus, no options, just movie. Thanks for any help provided.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

for me the first real success i had doing dvd9 was with the Matrix... but i did so, so much work and tweaking that it forced me to figure out what things meant in ifoeditor.. but a few easy ones are: the untouchables, shawshank redemption, romeo must die, blade2.

the harder ones: star wars ep1(hard if you don't split it, easy to split using derrows dvdsplit v.5), matrix (multiple angles, keep angle 1, strip the warner bros intro vob id and it will transcode fine)

hope that helps a little, send me a private msg and i can hopefully show you the direction to the path of dvd ripping.. hehe..
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. mike4692

mike4692 Member

I have had success using dvd decrypter ,used IfoEdit and transcoded with ReMPEG2 to get m2v file , then used IfoEdit to recreate the vob files from the m2v file and get vts sectors , burned the VIDEO_TS file along with an empty AUDIO_TS folder burned both onto dvd-r and hey presto film only with no hassles , however I have had probs with warner bros products , I am Still Working on that prob . see the cretins guide at

www.hkruse.dircon.co.uk

worked a treat for me :0)