1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ebayer's out there, I have a good one.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by saugmon, Jan 15, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello all of AFTERDAWN in the safety valve threads,boy do I have a good one for ya. After busting my ass all night at work, I come home and check my email for upates on some threads of AD. About an hour later I check my email and ebay sends me a message: Your email address has been changed. Some dumb ass name johnxxx@aol.com has changed my ebay user email address and listed a vintage Camaro using my member name.I used xxx'x instead of his actual email address.lol

I was pissed, I rechecked it with the main ebay site,"never answer for ebay using your email account",So I emailed this bumhole a nasty message about stealing my user name and changing my email address.I then emailed that listing back to ebay along with same message to that bumhole.I also added in all the other spoof emails that people are trying to break into my accounts.

So I changed my email address back along with all my other passwords. I guess you can't call ebay anymore, so I went through the chat line. A nice girl got my issue straightened out.

She changes my password and doesn't tell me! So I go through the whole process again of changing my user password. At least I didn't get stuck with the listing fees for that vintage camaro and it was taken off my account.

PS, never give out personal info to ebay using their emails. Go directly to their site. I get 1 spoof every 2 weeks.One spoof wanted my pin #,ebay doesn't even know my pin #'s.

Anybody looking for a vintage camaro? lol

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I just got an email from ebay a few days ago about all their prices for listings going up. They're almost doubling! Thats ridiculous! They've made millions of dollars...now they need to charge their sellers more?! I'm so pissed.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I got that message too, I usually wait for their special listing price breaks for the discounts every so often.

I have been checking out ebay's blank dvd media, Those buyers are paying an arm and a leg for blank media that I can go out and buy 25 -good to great quality discs for $10.00 when it goes on sale at staples,best buy,office depot and other places.Those buyers are avg buying them a buck apiecs. I might as well get in on the action if those buyers don't know any difference.

One dealer is trying to sell sony 1 disc -4x with case for $2.00 + s&h. These are the colored ones made in Austria! garbage. That much money for 1 disc.

Another dealer was trying to sell fuji +rw's and had a picture of +r's spindle. I asked him some questions: I told him the picture was +r no +rw's. He said they had the logo of +rw on top of the disc. I told him every one of my +r and -r discs has that small rw on it,duh. He said they weren't compatable in his burner.
    It was also missing 2 discs.
    I asked him in another question :Since you say they are rw's,why can't you erase them and put them back in the 50 pack spinde? Answer, he gave those copies to his family.Not compatable aye?

The next day he changed his listing as fuji +r's.

When i buy something, I ask lots of questions and check the sellers past feedback,especially the last 30 days.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Yeah, I haven't had too many problems, but I always contact the seller first to check his communication, and see what kind of seller he is. The only trouble I ever had was when I bought a mindisc deck, which was damaged in shipping. USPS paid me for the loss, although it took nearly 4 months.

I honestly wouldn't trust buying cd and dvd media from ebay. Even if they're brand new and sealed. Like you said, you can get it way cheaper other places. I like allmediaoutlet.com. They have good prices and super fast ahipping.

5. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

yea i got that message about RISE IN PRICE also
    guess it's like everything else, nothing good lasts
    long.

6. indienemo

indienemo Guest

I heard ebid is getting better and better as far as i know its free to list and sell on there as well ... but do correct me if im wrong...