1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any experts up in here....try and respond quick please =]

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by DEVINRL, Jul 4, 2007.

1. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i have my psp firmware 3.40... i want to get access to homebrew.. i prefer 3.40oe-a but i dont think you can go form a 3.40 to 3.40oe-a can you?? so i need help with the process of upgrading my 3.40 to a 3.50...[if its even possible] so that when i get 3.50 firmware.. [need help also..] i can use my lumines game to downgrade to a 1.5... i watched this guys popular video trying to describe the process... [the guy with the white psp]... and everytime i download the 3.5update and 1.5 update or whatever.. it just gives me that white eboot... and i dont know what to do with that... i dont know how he got those black folders that say 1.5 and 3.5 DOWNGRADE and alsooo i dont know he got that UPDATE folder when you go through PSP... then to GAMES... then uPdAte???... how he get that??.. sorry this is long... but im jsut really confused here..please help me out with the questions.. if you got time.... id really really appreciate it.. thanks for looking..

2. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

nevermind this. sorry for the tooken up space

3. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

actually.. i upgraded to a 3.50... its seems so easy people say when you follow instructions... but im having REALLLLLLLY BIGGGGGGGG problems... please help... i downloaded the 1.50FW Update... and it gave me the EBOOT_1.50...... and they say to unzip it... so i extracted it... and i got a white icon saying EBOOT.PBP..... in the videos... theres is a folder... which you can open up the 1.50 firmware.... and then you see the eboot.pbp... which then you change into UPDATE.PBP... thats what i NEED to run the rest of my process... how did that guy get that 1.50 FIRMWARE black FOLDER... with the EBOOT.PBP in there with the icon looking like a media player icon with the black play button in the middle.. and the red,blue,yellow and green circle around it... please help me.. im stuck in the processs.. thanks.. ill very much appreciate the responses

4. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

ahhhhhhhhh 2 hours on it... and i still cant find out how to make my 1.50 EBOOT into a folder that i can open... all the 1.50 updates or eboots whatever i download is jus ta white icon that i dont know what to do with... how do i get that folder that i can open up?

5. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

alright... to get those little boooks.. i downloaded winRAR... so now i feel like i got a step further.. haha.. but no... now i know what i need... i need the 3.50 downgrader files... and 1.50 downgrader files.... thats all i need... and i can handle it from there... how do i get them??? all i got is the updates

6. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

dude, are you talking to yourself?

you need to download the downgrade for 3.50.

then the update for 1.5

then the update for 3.40 OE-A

then you need to extract all of them. and start on the downgrade.

there is a readME-HOWTO file in the extract. you need to follow that VERY CAREFULLY.

then after you do everything it tells you, you should be downgraded.

in the donwgrade, you used the 1.5 UPDate, so skip that.

then goto the 3.40 OE and follow the README-HOWTO.

thats it. you just need to follow instructions carefully. and you need to be patient while doing it.

have fun :)

......but im still a newb. lol

7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

wayyyyyyyyy to much on the multiposting.

your sitting at 3.50 firmware correct?

you've downloaded and followed all instructions in the readme for the 3.50 downgrader?

okay do these steps.

1.Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.50 downgrader ZIP to the memory stick

2. Take Eboot_150.pbp , rename it to UPDATE.pbp and place it here (x being your memory stick) X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\ (make sure you don't overwrite the file already in there called EBOOT.pbp)

3. you should be able to pick up @ step 8 in the downgrader's included instructions.

if u still have issues post back (u were trying to do something not in the isntructions) so in simple terms, just open UPDATE_150.zip and pull out the eboot and continue on like i've stated above....

8. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

hey.. im sorry about the muilti post.... but i just had to let you guys in on the current 411... haha it took me frm 12 to 5 a.m. to figure everythiiinggg out... because when i push start on lumines it never gave me the screen... i got gave up and went up stairs... tried it onnne more time... this time i held startt for like 33 seconds... and a lbue screen goes and im like yeaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! figured the rest out.. and now im at 1.5 YES!!!.. the only thing now is... im having trouble throwing on downloaded games to my memstick.. i went through a lot of sites on google and i couldnt find the one i found before that shows what certain file you have to make on the GAME file... a nice walkthrough would be nice... i know its been asked way too many times... but i searched way too many times... one more time cant hurt for a newbie whos that much closer. thanks ahead

9. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i meant hold start for 3 seconds ^_^ <HAHA!

10. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

k try EDITING your posts.

11. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

sorry i dont know where thats at.. i wouldve done it if i knew... im like a fresh newbie.. but i did read the rules.. all i can put for my other post is... NEVER MIND THIS..sorry again about the multi post.. but im still wondering how to put downloaded games on my psp.. i thought it was going to be cake once i have a 1.50fm

12. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i now got 3.30 oe-c but i dont get how for one... how to put videos on it... everybodys talking about.. making an ISO folder in the root of you rmemory stick.. does that mean i have to make a folder next to the psp folder and named it MS_ROOT... then put an ISO folder in there... then put emulators or games in there???? that also goes for videos.... i heard that people do that to insert videos on the psp but instead of MS_ROOT it is MP_ROOT.. is that right anyone?
    p.s. sorry for having you guys keep repeating these steps if you do... but im excited from 3.03oe-c... it took me 5 hours to get it going... and now its taking a lot more hours trying to figure out the right steps for everything.. so get back...whenever

13. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Wow, thats some blog entry you have there! Well thats 4 hours and 50-plus minutes of your life you wont be getting back! It takes less than ten minutes to downgrade and subsequently upgrade to custom firmware.

1)Format your memory stick RIGHT NOW! (It creates the correct folders for you)
    2)Put your "backup" games in the ISO folder in the root of your memory stick.
    3)MP4 videos go in the VIDEO folder
    4)Music mp3, etc..go in the MUSIC folder

Any other questions-use the search function at the top of the page.

14. drakex

drakex Regular member

Question I have my friends PSP 3.50 do I REALLY NEED the LUMINES UMD to downgrade? let me know, thanks ina dvance... by the way for 2.81 will it be better to downgrade from 3.03 or 3.50? Let me know.

15. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

yes... you NEED the lumines game... the downgrade 350 package.. the 1.50 and 3.50 update....you want to downgrade to 2.81 FROMMM 3.03 or 3.50???? why would you want to do that.. what you really want to do is get access to homebrew and custom firmware. 3.03oec...3.10oea..... or 3.40 oea.. top notch..

16. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

haahah well im sorry im not pro like you... the directions werent that easy cause they left out information... i had to figure out a lot of the stuff myself.. and fix the problems i was getting.. ANYWAYS........ listen.. i got 3.03oe-c right....... i formatted my memory stick...and when i go to the G drive.. i dont get no root folder.. or no iso folder... all i get is the PSP folder... and in there..all i get is savedata....game...musicc..photos... and system... i tried doing things like making a folder called MS_ROOT... and putting a folder called ISO in there then throwing on games or emulators and roms.. but that never worked.. i need some simple tactics... anyone with anything?

17. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

and by the way.. what are BACKUPS you talking about??? and alsooooo i didnt get no VIDEO folder either... i want to know how to throw on videos tooo... it was easy when i had my 3.40... but with my firmware now... the folders are limited.... help me out if you can

18. drakex

drakex Regular member

Format your memory stick now that you have the OE firmware, I meant that I already have 3.40 OE, i have 2 friends that have 2 psps, 1 is 2.81 and the other one is 3.50, I know the 3.50 needs to be done with the Lumines game (DeViNRL would you sell me yours?) and the other one, what should be the best way to go, upgrade it to 3.03 and then downgrade or upgrade to 3.50 and then downgrade? Let me know, thanks in advance.

19. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@DEVINRL- In your system settings menu-there should be a "reset default settings" option, try that, then format your memory stick..Because you shouldnt have to create any folders at all..If that doesnt solve your issue, then consider upgrading to 3.40OE which is the most recent custom FW...And one you would be more accustomed to.

-Backups are what we refer to games that have been downloaded from the internet-Its only considered a backup if you actually own the game itself..otherwise you are a pirate.

@drakex-probably best to downgrade from 3.03 in your case-that can be found here.
    Of course you would need the unpatched GTA:LCS to do this though.

20. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

>>DEEZ_NUTS.....you meant restore default settings... and thankyou soooo much for the help.. i appreciate it.. it worked perfect.. you are the BOSS mannnnnn preciate it... ima come back to you if i get stuck on anything else alright? thanks =P