1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any feedback on sony dvp-ns975v

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by xREBELx, Dec 31, 2004.

1. xREBELx

xREBELx Member

I am in need of a new dvd player and am looking at this player. I am wondering if anyone knows if it will play VCD , SVCD , dvd + R dual layer media?
    Or if anyone can sugest a player that is known to play all media and the new formats including the new dual layer media.

Thank You in advance for any help!

Jeff

2. xREBELx

xREBELx Member

Well I went ahead and picked up this player and so far all I can say is WOW ! What a great DVD player. So far it has played everything I have thrown at it including a few costers that would not play on my old unit. I am using the HDMI hook up and cables and the picture is the best I have seen yet in progressive scan mode.
    There seems to be alot of people pushing toward the cheap players on this board, well for the Audiophile and videophile this player has it all for a great price. I got mine from PcMall for $239.99 and free shipping, a great value on a top notch player.
    So far I have played SVCD, VCD, SACD, DVD-R , DVD+R, DVD+RW , DVD+R DL and all have played without a hitch.
    If you dont care about your picture quality buy a cheap player otherwise spend a little more and get one of the new players like this with the HDMI connections and the UP-CONVRSION processor and unlock your HDTV. Playing one of the cheap players on a HDTV is like having a new Super car and only driving 25 miles per hour, CRAZY !