1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good Xbox 360 Wifi Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by solargame, Apr 30, 2007.

1. solargame

solargame Regular member

Hey guys, looking into getting a 360 soon, but can't really afford to pay for Microsoft's overpriced Wireless Network Adapter. Are there any good alternatives? So far I've hear 1. Logitec Game Share System.
    2. Intec Wireless Game Connector and 3. Hooking it up to a PC using a crossover cable(which I own) and set the PC to ICS.
    Which is best?
    BTW, anyone know how i can activate Internet Connection Sharing on XP? All the guides I read say goto the Connection you use and set it to "Allow Others to connect To this internet."

2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

for me gaming just doesnt go with wireless things, espcailly on PC. wireless mouse, keyboard, wifi, all bad idea if u are higly competive.

on console, so controller is wireless but playing on controller but u really arent gonna tell a difference.

i'd say go with wired when u can.

and microsoft really smells like APPLE with teh $100 peice of white shat. that can be had for wat? like $50

3. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

With wireless you will never get the 100mps it says it is capable of. Definatly go wired.

4. caliph

caliph Guest

i have the the logitech play link(im assuming thats the same thing your talking about) and i have never had any lag problems. it works perfectly. before i had that, i had awired connection, which actually for me, dropped a few times. however, i guess that only thing bad about the play link is that it can only connect wireleessely within 100ft.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

what kind of internet connection do you have,even wired your not gonna get 100MBits unless you have a 100Mbit connection which most US people dont...so unless your European 100Mbit dont mean nothing...

but like they all said your never gonna a great connection with a wireless adapter but if you need one get the play link that Caliph Talked about in his post...

6. steimy

steimy Active member

To tell the truth a good wireless adapter is going to cost you about the same as the one from microsoft. But it will probably be a better quality and you can also use it with any device that has an ethernet port. I personally have this one.
    router http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1030266&CatId=2667
    wireless adapter http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1533893&CatId=1594

they work great. I have had zero problems with that set up playing on xbox live. Wired is a bit more stable especially at long distances. But i am about 60 feet from the router and have no lag at all when i play online. I get the occasional lock up, but so do people using a wired connection so it is not wireless that is the cause.

7. solargame

solargame Regular member

I understand, wired is always the best IMO. but I don't have that option since my router is 2 flights up.
    P.S. I have a Cable Router Hooked into a cable port (About 9 MegaBytes MB/s) which then has a wireless router running in it. Is there any possibility of me being able to Bring my modem and router into the 360 room and hook it up into an empty Cable plug(the one you use for TV)?

8. solargame

solargame Regular member

Sorry for the double post.
    P.S. I own a second router that isn't used, is there any way I could use that Netgear 108 Mbps (the old router i was talking about) to get it to work as a Wireless Bridge. Maybe Ad-Hoc mode? How would I go about doing this?