1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Hope for HDCP 2.2 Receiver connect to DVI TV Monitor

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by rnsmithad, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnsmithad

rnsmithad Regular member

I have an older non-HDCP 2.2 Yamaha receiver -- which won't work with my Cable set-top box or my Roku box, because of the HDCP compliance issues (the boxes shut down because the receiver is not HDCP compliant). I am willing to upgrade to a HDCP 2.2 compliant receiver, BUT I am still worried.

The output from the receiver is connected to a very old Panasonic Plasma DVI TV monitor (no speakers, so I need the receiver). I doubt that the Panasonic TV ever heard of HDCP -- i.e. a 50" TV that I paid a small fortune for at the time over 10 years ago, but I am still happy with it. Will be upgrading to a newer TV soon, but just don't want to do that now (waiting for the 4K shakeout).

So before I plunk down a few hundred dollars for a HDCP 2.2 receiver, from my understanding that everything in the HDMI chain must be HDCP 2.2 compliant for the source to work, is there any hope that a new receiver will fix my problem and allow my cable set-top box or Roku box to work in this environment (i.e. not shutdown because of compliance issues).

ron in round rock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.