1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Idea what I am doing wrong?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by soccer86, Nov 18, 2004.

1. soccer86

soccer86 Member

I am trying to back up my childrens Mickey Mouse Once upon a Christmas DVD and each time I do it with DVD Shrink I get the following error message.

Failed to read file "D:\"
    Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

The target file size is 4,198 MB which I believe should not cause a problem.

Thanks for the help

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey soccer86, usually cyclic redundancy errors are from scratched,dirty, or poor media. Also, i heard disney movies can be a pain to backup(sometimes) This may give you a start, i am sure others will help you out. Always use quality branded media and keep the burn rate 4x or lower.

3. Ziggy86

Ziggy86 Member

Thanks, but I am not even getting past the reading of the entire original disk

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey soccer86, did you try cleaning the original disc? it could also have a defect on it. I had 1 disc that once i opened the disc on shrink, when it did the quick analyzation- it would freeze up. Did it on my pc and my dad's. I also noticed a spot when i played that origal disc on my stand alone player. It was just a bad disc. It did the same thing using dvd decrypter. Sometimes you get a bad disc on original copies of dvd's. I have taken many back to the stores that were defective. Have a good day.

5. Ziggy86

Ziggy86 Member

I have check it. I tried using DVD Decrypter and DVD XCOPY Express and get errors using them as well.