1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any ideas how to overclock

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by therock.., Oct 22, 2003.

1. therock..

therock.. Guest

as above i have a pentium 4 2.0ghz and want to overclock it

but i dont have the slightest idea how!!

can anyone help and what is a safe limit

cheers

2. magnetic

magnetic Regular member

well, check out an overclockers forum? perhaps

You need to know the motherboard type and the processor type.
    personally wouldn't go above 2.8Ghz overclock, and you will have to ensure you don't burn out the processor, get extra cooling for the processor!!!

and remember if you're overclocking for games, try getting a decent graphics card first, as this is a bottleneck in most pc's

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Are you running a NorthwoodA or NorthwoodB (i.e., 400Mhz FSB or 533MHz FSB)

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If you do want to over clock, the first thing I would recomend is buying a small Bar fridge that you computer will fit in, then you can clock up realitively high in the Bios. But Put it in the fridge first. These are the cheapest cooling systems as can be bought at less than 100 dollars. but are noisy as hell and limit access to disk drives. You can if nessisary cut a hole in the top of the fridge to let cables come in and out. Other fidges need the top so the side is the best place to add a hole.

5. therock..

therock.. Guest

a friggin fridge.... lmfao

sweetheart while your putting the milk back put a cdr in for me.........fridge lol

6. therock..

therock.. Guest

7. mafiaman

mafiaman Member

thats not a bad idea Prisoner, would be a lot less that a water cooling system and could prob be overclocked further

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya I am not joking. I knew two guys in University with there computers in bar fridges. There was some competition, but they were able to overclock a Pentium 200 to over 600 Mhz without any problems.