1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas why this happens?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DADEO1, Nov 26, 2006.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i would try uninstall and do a clean reinstall of both programs. run CCleaner and reboot before you reinstall and even do a disc cleanup and defrag.

you probably have a program confliting with both programs (like roixo drag to disc)or something

also to close the program have you tryed pressing Alt,Ctrl and Delete at the same time

2. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

Control,alt delete is the only way I can get out of these 2 programs.I've done everything you mentioned and more.I just don't see any other conclusion but the burner being bad,but there's that darn little voice in the back of my head telling me there's something else going on.Now I need to get rid of the little voice.

3. attar

attar Senior member

It may not be Image Burn that's hanging on to the drive.It may be the system that is not responding to Image Burn.
    Is there no way you can install the drive in another machine to test?
    When you say 'Alt,Ctrl and Delete' to recover, do you mean using the Task manager' to shut them down, or re-booting?

4. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

To shut the program down.Both Decrypter and Image Burn act the same way.If I try to exit either program I can click on the appropiate boxes,but the program just continues to run.The bad burns happen regardless of what program I use.(Nero,Decrypter etc.)Unless I keep the burn speed to 1X or 2X.

5. attar

attar Senior member

I think the burner uses two lasers, CD and DVD.
    Can you burn a CD at max, using XP drag and drop?
    If so, get a CD.ISO and have IMGBURN make a backup at max speed.
    If the CD is ok, I would guess that the PC operating system is ok and the problem is in the DVD part of the burner and since you previously changed the media, that leaves power and the location of the burner on the controller.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/dvdguide001.html

6. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

You hit the nail on the head.I can burn a CD at max speed and it works just fine but a DVD will only succesfully burn,regardless of the program used,at 1x OR 2x speed.Sounds like the burners bad don't you think?

7. attar

attar Senior member

It's so hard to find any bad reports about this model that, unless it had an over the counter warranty, I think I would be testing this writer in another PC.
    Good luck.

8. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

Thanks for the reply.That sounds like the only way to find out for sure I guess. I'm not sure I can get ahold of a machine someone will let me open up. Can I make it USB somehow?

9. attar

attar Senior member

An IDE/USB adapter kit might be one third the cost of a new burner.
    Lots of them on eBay.

10. MysticE

MysticE Active member

And the shipping might also be one third the cost from eBay.

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

also new burners are fairly inexpensive nowadays good ones running 29.00 to 49.00 dollars

12. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

I would like to say "thank you" to all that have helped me the last few days.