1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any last minute tips - ANYONE?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by newbee101, Feb 11, 2003.

1. newbee101

newbee101 Regular member

abut to install Majic 3.1, Does anyone have any last minute tips and tricks?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]asking question never hurt[/small]

2. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

Newbee101, I posted this for someone with V4, hope it will help you somewhat.
    I have PS2 V4 Gap with Magic3 also, Modded myself using 15V iron. To solder those points:
    1. Points "B, C, H, I, Q, R, T, U, V" needs to be tinned first
    2. Put flux on end of toothpick and touch points needed to be tinned
    3. Tin solder iron, then touch each point carefully for about 2-3 seconds intervals until iron tins points
    4. Points "A, D, G" Tin the end of the wires
    5. Put a little flux on the end of a toothpick and apply to points where needed
    6. Bend the end of the wire first and touch the end of the wire to the points and carefully touch the wire with the iron until solder attaches to points (took me about 15-20 mins for each one until I got it right) The wire was bent first so it's not in the way later when you close the PS2
    7. Point "S" is soldered to the top corner of an existing circuit (carefully follow steps 4-5-6 so as not to melt circuit)
    8. After all wires have been soldered, use black electrical tape to tape down all wires. I taped (3) groups of wires to tops of 3 existing large black circuits, and the chip to the board

* Tinning means(If you don't know): Heat end of wire or iron and melt some solder to it prior to soldering*
    * Make sure you clean your iron on a sponge after every time you solder or tin (it really helps)
    * If you bridge any points together, use a copper desoldering wick
    Enjoy the games when you're done and hope I was helpful!