1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any limits on size of HDD for Xbox ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by aussie59, Nov 24, 2004.

1. aussie59

aussie59 Guest

hiya,

I have a chipped xbox running evox and a 120gb drive that is brilliant. However the exisiting 120gb hard drive is getting full. So what next ?

Can I get another hard drive and use 2 on my xbox or even say 1 externally or piggy backed somehow?

If not then can I use a larger say 250mb I had heard there were limits on the 120mb drive.

I assume you can copy the back up games from the old drive if moving to the new drive.

As you can tell I tend to get this done from someone else (to support the local economy and avoid me screwing up)

>>>>>> social commentary follows to MS >>>>>>>>>>
    I am not sure why MS doesn't do all this or support it themselves as die hard gamers with no intent on being naughty that just don't want the hassle of changing discs (and wear and tear on games).

I must not be the ownly person that using a game a lot has taken its toll on the disc and software companies of course do not replace damaged discs.

We have no other choice really.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. gehx

gehx Regular member

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

G'day mate heh there isn't a size limit for XBOX HDD, as long as you use a BIOS that supports the 137GB+. I have 2x250GB in my XBOX right now. You can google for "Xtender" and find out more about it, it will let you add and switch between HDDs, all at the cost of a more bulkier XBOX :)

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you already have your machine modded with another method or chip then you could just mod the ide cable to accept another device and then install a switch on the 5v and 12v power leads between the two hard drives.

5. CHADSR

CHADSR Member

Hello, can you please tell me what i'm doing wrong because my original xbox hd won't load and i have a 40 gig hg that i want to put in it and it won't read it as a 40 gig it only reads on 1 partition as almost 5 and the other is about 2 what am i doing wrong can someone send me the correct software to do this because i've tried every software that i could find and nothing works.Please i am dying here

6. brazen

brazen Member

You need to format your drive dude. Just boot evox off a cd then run there hd format. then ftp into your box and copy over a dash.

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Not anymore. Any updated bios supports hdd over 137 gb.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

xecuter2 bios files have two versions the .06 series that supports the partition 6 (f drive) and the .67 that supports the 6 and 7 partitions (f drive and g drive)