1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any new iMacs coming out?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by vinny13, Apr 2, 2007.

1. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Well this is going to be my first computer(paid for with my own money), and I want to have the most up-to-date computer there is. For $2000, I think I should anyways, and knowing my luck, I'll probably get screwed over. I was just wondering if anyone knew about anything within the next few months, besides the release of Leopard. Thanks for your help!

Oh ya. Am I making the right choice of getting a Mac? I like all of it's programs and the idea of NO VIRUSES(they give me nightmares!), but the idea of not everything runs on a Mac kind of bothers me. I just need some advice :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  2. lpbirdman

lpbirdman Guest

Yea I'm getting a MacBook soon too.

I have a question, how do you post like a banner that would take you to a link when I post a reply? Kind like yours how theres your post then a line then "Mmmmm! Your tears are so yummy!"

3. lpbirdman

lpbirdman Guest

Never mind.

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

lpbirdman,

If I see that album posted one more time you're gone. We don't appreciate you spamming our forums with it.

5. Guided

Guided Member

@ vinny, it would be smart to maybe wait about a month to see if apple even announces anything, then get the mac of your choice.

If your in a hurry, here's a little help:

If you want a notebook:

MacBook

If you want a desktop:

iMac

The reason I didn't add a large hard drive is because it is cheaper to get an external HD. If you are wanting to get one of those, I recommend WesternDigital. btw, its probably best to get the white MacBook, black tends to get finger print marks on it.

6. 27stories

27stories Member

No matter WHEN you buy a new machine, there will always be something better within a few weeks/months. You'll never have Top of the Line for very long :\ however, you will have "pretty damned good" for quite awhile, especiall with a Mac. Make sense? If you're buying a Mac, the best thing to do is get the best you can afford because upgrades can be costly.

As far as I know, there are no new machines being released in the next while BUT Apple does love to suprise us. My own guess is that they're waiting until Leopard is released in order to put more machines out with it pre-installed, rather than have everyone moan about getting a new machine and then having to upgrade it to 10.5.