1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any one know if the usb HDloader is released yet?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sirandyb, Mar 8, 2005.

1. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

I heard the USB HDloader (USBextreme) was to be released between 1-10 March, but i havn't heard any more about it since. does any one have any info?
    cheers

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

why not go check out their website or email them.

3. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

i dont know the website, the one i thought it was www.usbextreme.com just throws up a This site is under construction so i was just seeing if anyone here knew.

4. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

5. manofman

manofman Guest

yes its here. for 33.99 and its called the USB Extreme.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2005
  6. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

Do you know if theres a UK site? the HDadvance site gives a load of sites but i couldn't find it on any of them...

7. manofman

manofman Guest

ships to the U.K by the way, they ship world wide.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2005
  8. DRKdragon

DRKdragon Member

Whats it mean included PSX? does that mean it can upload PSX games?? and whys it called usb extreme will you have to use the memory that is connected to the usb ports???

9. manofman

manofman Guest

PSX is a japanese buring/recording ps2 made and released only in japan for the time being.

10. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

to answer all ur lame question,usb extreme is just hdadvance 2.0, that release for ps2 v12 to able to play external hd using usb cord...

(note: ps2 v12 dont have hd support built in, so this means no used for hdadvance, but greatly somebody release usb extreme for ps2 v12 for able to play on
    usb external hd)

for more info about usbextreme, check www.hdadvance.com>

but for my opinion, dont know if this thing really works on ps2 v12

11. manofman

manofman Guest

Actuaslly it works quite fine , at least thats what ps2nfo said, they got a sample cd from the amnufacturer and tested it out. Also look at the comparison chart between hdadvance and usb they are quite different.

Hdadvance uses the ps2 to convert burned cds to hdd, which usb loader uses the pc and an external hdd. Also the new usbloader works with all the ps2 models unlike hdadvance which only weorks with 3 mods of the ps2 out of the 8/9 there are. The only on difference is that they both use the hdd ad their medium.

12. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

actually VOD3N05 the question wasnt lame and that did not answer it! we already know everything you told us just there if you took the time to check out the link 4 posts from the top of this thread. also manofman is right about the usb extreme being plug and play for all the ps2 models. i think it will be really handy!

13. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

if u all knew about it, ps2 use usb 1.0 not usb 2.0 port, usb 1.0 is slow (its reading speed is slower than cd/dvd read speed) useless

and one more thing if u all knew, why external hd for pc use usb 2.0 port? cuz usb 2.0 is fast

why bothering buying it, if its reading speed is slower than playing on a disc...

u all supporter hdadvance and usbextreme, why support this guys if they rip somebody work....
    HDAdvance and USBExtreme is modified version of HDLoader....

14. manofman

manofman Guest

LOL, notw that is an ignorant answer. i mean the if it is a ripoff then why did they stop making hdloaders? If they didnt stop making it then it would be then called a ripoff, but now that there closed where do we get an pstwo hdadvance? Did hdloader make a usb program for ps2? NO they didnt , i hate these super ignorant answers. The usb loader has a different coding then the hdadvance and a great difference from the hdloader.

15. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

u guys dont know the history of HDLoader and HdAdvance and USBEXTREME, so dont call me ignorant, if u dont know wtf is the history of HDloader...

here's my question: how long do u know HDLOADER and HDAdvance..?
    ur f*cking moron if u didnt know that HDAdvance is modified version of HDLoader and what u expect with USB Extreme - same thing rip version of HDLoader with added features...

this is what rip off groups do, modify HDLoader and sell it cuz HDloader maker/ seller were warn to not to sell it or else, Sony will sue them....

closed ur f*cking lips before u say something that u dont know it well..
    maybe u dont know who are the makers of HDloader and who really crack HDloader..?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  16. manofman

manofman Guest

lol, ive been around longer on the gaming scene then most people have :). I known hdloader since at least 3 weeks before ti came out so believe the fact that i heard the multiple rumers of the hdloader, and hdadvance, and in fact i own both :). Too me a ripoff of another product is a way to continue the product line up. I mean the hdloader project STOPPED! The hdadvance people picked up where they left and released the version2 of the software with greater support for the hdd, then now they are releasing the usb exteme. If the hdloader project hadnt stopped then they would have been a ripoff but since it has stopped , and hda picked up the project i just see these softwares as 1 line.

1st. Hdloader
    2nd Hdadvance
    3rd Hdadvance 2.0
    4th Usb extreme

Hdloader came first but stopped so hdadvance took over, that how business is. Plus i will call you ignorant.

17. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

actually HDloader and HDDadvance overlapped for a period. As soon as this "cracked" version of HD loader came out (known as HD Advance) it happened to be right when HD loader was getting into legal problems with sony. You see the designer of HD loader had visioned his product being considered the same as Game Shark. In fact both Game shark AND HDloader use the same CD ident know as Crazy Taxi. This is the SLUS code that allows the PS2 to "think" it is booting a lagitimate PS2 game. He figured if he made the HDD loader NOT allow backups to be put onto the HDD that sony woould have no problem with it. He never got any licenses for it and for some reason sony isnt happy with it.

Now this other version of HD advance 1.0 was just a reskinned and reworded version of HDloader.

Your HD ADVANCE ver 2.0 is simply a skinned and PATCHED version of HD LOADER. they did NOTHING original to make it support 200 gb hdd. All they did was wait for a smarter person to make an auto patcher, and put the 48 bit lba patch onto their existing skinned version. That was ALL they did.

In fact when you hear a missinformed person starting spouting off that HD advance supports more games than HD loader thats a straight up lie! they are both the same code, just with different skins.

Now about it not being a ripoff. If something has the exact same code as a "different" product then it is NOT an original. If I make an OS and call it STINKYOWS but base it on Windows. Not just "base" it on windows, but just grab "BOOT OS" and make my own boot skin for windows. This way when you load your PC it says

"STINKYOWS XP........ loading please wait"

Am I now a genuis that made my "own" version of windows alternative that just "happens" to look exactly the same with different color schemes? Or am I a rippoff artist that has done nothing special!?

Now about the USB version....... not long ago (about 3 months) PS2OWNZ released a program that allowed a USB HDD to be supported by the PS2. It had a GUI to it and worked very similar to HD loader. It did look different, but was not based on the same code. Last I saw the official version had been released. It was and still is ( I think) availible for download on their site.

I would not be surprized if this version of HD advance is a rippoff of that code with their "modifications" to make it work. The HDADVANCE people are nothing more than profiting rippoffs with no originality and VERY little PS2 coding skills. I would hazard to suggest that I know as much about coding for the PS2 as these clowns and I only started working with it in November!

Now pretend you know what you are talking about some more so I can have a good laugh.

18. manofman

manofman Guest

Actually the USB soft ware that was released by ps2ownz was never in fact a good solution of the pstwos ince it requires a solder, when the usbloader doesnt so please postthe link to your proof that the usb loader had been released, so i can shut up lo,l.

19. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I was getting pretty heavy into the modding and HDD side of the PS2 in november when I got my direct boot mod chip. I also got my new PC with DVD burner at the same time. I spent MANY hours searching MANY sites and playing with lots of different apps.

I only breifly looked at the PS2 ownz software when it was released. I do not own a USB hdd or any other usb device that would work on my ps2 (Tried my digicam but wasnt succesful) So I had no way to test the soft out.

It was my understanding that there was no mods needed to the ps2 itself for the software to work.

Either way everything else I said is true 100%. ANd there are other programs out that support USB devices for the ps2 including ps2menu. It is not difficult to take the coding of ANY of those programs and change parameters to make a USB drive work. The hardest part is setting the drivers up. But a couple generic ones borrowed from current games that support USB devices would get you well on the way.

Not to mention that the ps2 is still only USB 1.0 and the read speeds are so slow that there really is no point to using it. This becomes a tool that ONLY a pirate would need or want to use. Since you could hook the usb hdd to the pc and use winhiip to transfer a game to it then plug it into the ps2 quickly to play it.

Most hacker and pirates though would be buying up the older consoles when they get a chance since they support more and have more things you can do with it. Not to mention that it doesnt belt into molten balls of sony plastic.

As for the link................Im too lazy to search it out right now. If you havnt found it in a few days then post back here. I will have a couple days off from work then so I can maybe find it.

20. manofman

manofman Guest

ok, becdause from what i saw it required a modchip, and if you got one of those, the only reason you would get the usb software is out of convenience.