1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any opinions on the Sharp DV-HR300?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by dizzydz, Apr 21, 2004.

1. pipo2

pipo2 Member

coming back to the topic above, i have received the 2 region free code patches, however from everyone it was based on the old firmware, not the new version 1.46 (or was it 1.45). does anyone have it?

2. rlloyd

rlloyd Member

Hi

I'd also like the software patch for the Sharp HR350 - if anyone can e-mail me to I'd be really greatful:

russell.lloyd@seymourpowell.com

ta

Russ

3. rlloyd

rlloyd Member

Sorry I meant the one to make it multi-region!

russ

4. Paul2694

Paul2694 Guest

Read the whole forum now... Can anyone push me in the direction of anywhere that i can get the multi region patch for my dv-hr300. I used to have the discs, but can't find them anywhere. None of the links seem to work anymore.

I have the latest software updates from Sharp UK for the recorder etc, but these dont make it multi-region.. :(

cheers

5. nylonnet

nylonnet Member

Multiregion Patch

Entirely at your own risk...

I think this is the multiregion patch one needs for the Aussie version of the Sharp DV-HR300.

Read the instructions inside... no guarantees of anything!

http://nylon.net/sharp-multiregion.zip

It worked for me...
    If it works for you, please post back.

Regards
    Mark

6. Plasma_T

Plasma_T Member

Hi,
    does anyone know what the video output resolution of the DV-HR300 is when connected to component?

In the manual it says "Pal system, 625 lines, 50 fields."

I read somewhere that it also supports Progressive scan.

Are there any settings on the DV-HR300 where you can set it to progressive scan?

Thanks,
    Plasma_T

7. hanugro

hanugro Member

OK, until today, I still have not heard anything from the singapore support. Their support sucks. I would bring this machine to singapore sometime to try to fix it, but I will never buy anything with sharp name on it ever again!

8. pipo2

pipo2 Member

has anyone encountered following problem and has a solution. it's the same problem erikk had, but no one had an answer.
    manually recorded programs can be copied in highspeed from HDD to DVD, but timer recorded programs cannot be highsped from HDD to DVD. Not sure why not. I have highspeed set to priority yes.
    my email pipo2@inode.at

phil

9. hanugro

hanugro Member

OK, I got service manual from kmbrite. I have made the part that show how to change harddisk. Anyone who wants to upgrade their hard disk can try it. I can't confirm that it can use bigger harddisk and I am NOT responsible for any damage/void warranty becaus of this!

Here is the file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CL0L7WPF

Anyway Sharp singapore has serviced my unit for about US$90. I will try it out today!

10. hanugro

hanugro Member

pipo2 I believe that if you delete/edit a lot from the begining of the recorded program then it will loose the ability to high speed dub even if you already set high speed dubing option to yes. I have experience it occasionally and all involves in editing/cutting lots of the begining of the program. Try to burn the recorded timer program as is to see whether high speed dub work.

Singapore service centre also updated my firmware to 1.2 (tuner). I will report if I found some improvement.

11. jagkorps

jagkorps Member

Hi im new to these forums.

I have a Sharp DV-HR300X that i bought in australia, and i want to make it multi-region. I bought it earlier this year (or perhaps last year I forget).

I have tried the file supplied on the previous page by Nylonnet, but it doesnt seem to work (I still get the message saying the disc is the wrong region when trying to play a region 1 disc). Also during the process when i put the first cd in the display went from 200 to 20E(reverse 3) instead of 208, so i assume that means error. However the second disc went like it should from 300 to 307.

If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Regards

12. supra66

supra66 Member

Please any option about disable Macrovision? I have a satelite receiver and when i connect this to my DV-HR 350 i can make no records. :-( Thanks

13. Benjike

Benjike Member

Hi,

I have my DV-HR300S now for almost 18 months... and encountered something weird...

The machine is in HDD-mode, with reclist, I can see all the recorded programs...
    When trying to edit/delete/.. (so the edit/erase menu), I get the error 'Can't edit this disc' (like it is a finalized dvd).
    On the lcd screen, the "DVD"-display is shown although it is set to HDD and I can see the reclist of the DVD.

Already unplugged the power for a few minutes, hit the reset button, checked the 'protection' on a title, but no luck...

I could initialize the disc (but need to copy the programs first, hoping that that still works) but want to do that as final solution...

Any ideas or things to check/try ?

Thanks in advance,

14. Springles

Springles Member

Hello to Everyone, this is my first post, I have a Sharp DV-HR350X from Singapore & it is in PAL. How do I switch it to NTSC ? please teach.

15. mannycam

mannycam Regular member

Hey a Merry Christmas to Silver64, been away for a while Silver. Been working alot. Have a safe Happy NewYear.

MannyCAM

16. Silver64

Silver64 Regular member

Hi Manny
    Yes it's been a long time since I've posted. The Sharp is still going well though I have passed it on to my daughter and her husband. I regret to admit but I replaced the Sharp with a Panny. DVD-recorders with hard Drive have become a lot cheaper and with loads of extra features since the Sharp was introduced.It's still a good machine and I never regretted having it for nearly 3 years.
    Have a good 2007 and as you always said "keep the shiney side down"
    Cheers Silver

17. Silver64

Silver64 Regular member

Hi Springles, Welcome to the Sharp post. As far as I am aware you cannot convert the Sharp ( nor any other recorder as far as I am aware) from PAL to NTSC. They are two incompatible TV systems. The Sharp should, if it's multi-region, playback NTSC but again it depends on the TV set it it's compatible. But a PAL Sharp won't record in NTSC
    Cheers Silver64

18. andypanny

andypanny Member

Hi all
    Problems with my Sharps time got worse, clock changes time by 5, 10, 15 mins when it feels like it. No matter if I set it to update automatically or not. got sick of it, gave it to my son and got a Panasonic DMR EX75, (matches my Plasma too).
    Good ridence to the sharp I say.

All the best to everyone for 2007

Andy

19. IanMorty

IanMorty Member

Hi There - I am new to this forum, but I am interested in getting a copy of the download for making my DVD player multi-region. I have a Sharp DVD-HR300, I bought it in the UK and have moved to New Zealand and now cannot play of the movies over here...if someone could sent it to my email address - it's ianwmorton@hotmail.com I would be really happy !!

20. IanMorty

IanMorty Member