1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any People Painted there ps2's or done other cosmetic mods?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Doulley, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Doulley

Doulley Guest

any people painted ps2's before

2. JRoland

JRoland Member

I personally haven't but have thought about it more than once!

Right now, I am just using a crappy ol' FlipTop - solid Blue. When the snow clears up, I think I might look into actually doing something to my PS2. Besides, it's a v9 - not a sleek looking PSTwo.

If anyone has done this, any pics?

3. JRoland

JRoland Member

4. dcman820

dcman820 Guest

WoW! I might get one before it ends!

I haven't done anything cosmetic, but now am seriously thinking about it!

5. JRoland

JRoland Member

Well, not to take anything a way from those people running the auction, but I realized that the case is comprised of [bold]decals[/bold] - not painted! All the same anyway.

However, I never really thought about decals before. Then, I found this:
    http://www.treasure-cove.net/Backboard Decals.htm

I realize that its not the exact same, but I think you can get an idea as to how you can do a case mod yourself - if you're up to it.

6. shine87

shine87 Member

I painted my ps2 white with some undercoat spray from the warhammer paint box and the case was alright at first but when put into the light there was heaps of patches of bits where it was thicker etc etc and the spray paint would shoot out blobs of paint at one time and it would make the ps2 case even worser. I left the cover on for about a week and the fumes of the paint were so harendous i took it off and bought a new cover for a my ps2.

7. JRoland

JRoland Member

Lol

Sorry to hear about that, but you do have to admit that fumes while playing is kind of funny! I mean you could get "weird" <cough:cough> and think you're actually living GTA. Now that would be dangerous.

As for the painting aspect, I don't think it would be too hard. The top of a PS2, aside from where the logo is, is very porous, (yeah, I know I can't spell). I doubt you'd even have to sand it before laying some primer.

As for the front though, where the ports all are, that probably at least needs to be wet sanded. At least.

Also, if anyone paints it, I strongly urge you to not reinstall within a week. One of my brothers painted some of the interior pieces of his Focus. It actually looked pretty neat. Then, we went driving...
    I spelled so bad! And some of that can be contributed to the freshly painted interior. ;)

Decals!