1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any PS2 backup guides??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by TheDude55, Nov 15, 2004.

1. TheDude55

TheDude55 Member

Hey Guys/Girls,

I was just wonderin' if there are any backup guides out there you could point me to or just if someone could explain a good process of copying ps2 games for me. I will be getting a mod chip installed soon, just wanna get kind of a headstart on things. I use a Pioneer dvd-rw dvr-106D. I use DVD Decrypter for my dvd ripping and instant copy to burn and that works perfect. I see that DVD Decrypter is a good program to use for this as well. So anyone that uses DVD Decrypter and could possibly lend a hand and lay out the process they use to copy their ps2 games, that would be awesome and much appreciated. Happy Gaming.

2. mccroz

mccroz Member

To copy a game using DVD decrypter follow these steps.

1)Insert game and open DVD decrytper
    2)Go to Mode>ISO>Read
    3)Select a destination to copy the game to
    4)Press the CD to HDD button

Once the game has been copied to your hard drive, follow these steps to burn the game back onto dvd using DVD Decrypter

1)Open DVD Decrypter and insert a blank dvd into your dvd writer
    2)Go to Mode>ISO>Write
    3)Select file from the destination that you saved it
    4)Press HDD to CD button

It is a very simple process and works fairly well.

3. romance

romance Member

DVD Decrypter works great. ISO Read then ISO Write. Simple as that! Also Alcohol is another great program. Maybe even a good idea to get both, sometimes when one program has trouble with a game the other can usually do it. But not always ;) lol

4. TheDude55

TheDude55 Member

Awesome, thanks for such the immediate responses guys. That is a very easy method and I'll definatly try that out and pick up Alcohol as well.