1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Recent Faults?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by aamir6152, Jul 4, 2007.

1. aamir6152

aamir6152 Member

Hi

I am planning on getting a PS3 but I would firstly like to know if there are any faults with it at all that are still preventing people from buying a PS3?

Thanks

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

the only thing that people complain about is that price tag but i thought it was well worth it

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

While the price tag may seem steep to some, overall it is a good deal for everything you get.

4. aamir6152

aamir6152 Member

I agree, the only downside is the price, but I am still going to get it because it is a great deal with various features bundled. But I was wondering if there were any recent hardware or software issues because I don't want ot get ripped off.

Thanks for the quick reply.

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I did have a problem where on starting the PS3 i had sound but a blank screen, but seems to have been fixed with the 1.82 update.
    The price i think is fine, consider if you where to buy a BD player on its own, its upwards of agrand.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

No there shouldn't be any problems with it, the ps3 was made very well.
    but actually, Sudds, you can get a couple different BD players for about $500 now. But the ps3 really is still quite a deal. Some great games are staring to come out now and soon too.

7. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

no problems at all for me...only one or two of my 30 friends have had any problems at all...the whole "larger" price works like this:

"Im sick of 360 owners claiming that 360 is cheaper than PS3 .... Its the complete opposite !!!

PS3 comes with a lot of hardware, superior to 360, and is bundled in one package retailing for $599 .... yes 360's $399 price tag looks nice, but its a scam....

heres my purchases- PS3 system bought at EB games with COD3 and RESISTANCE, sony HDMI cable And Component cables, and one year, no questions asked EB games extended warranty- total $770.....
    I got a 360 2 weeks before, for my little bro ....

heres my purchases- 360 system with silver online membership (one year) included, and Gears of War -Total $460 w/o tax ... okay 360 looks good so far, heres the catch..
    i found out that u need a Gold membership to play multiplayer, then realised i needed to get a battery/charger kit, then realised it didn't have an HD-DvD drive, then noticed we filled up that 20gig HDD the first night, than after getting the Gold membership, IT Didn't have Wifi built in!!!!
    by the time i got the 360 caught up, i spent hundreds

heres just the minimum price (no tax included)
    heres my purchases- Gold membership (one year) $60
    Bateries/charger kit $35
    HD-Dvd drive $200
    Wifi adapter $100
    extra 20 gig HDD $100
    gave up on the week HDD ended up buying a 120gig HDD for $200
    HEad set $100

i got a jabra blutooth headset for $40 on my PS3.....

The PS3 system came with all the hardware i needed, included Blu-ray drive (30% more space than HD-dvd) Wifi (150% faster for future ISP servises) and the Blu-ray Is also used for games, currently 50 gigs available, 360's disk ends at 9gigs!!and Sony has a 100 gig blu-ray for the future already developed!!!..... and PS3 has 5 more processors running at the same speed as 360's 3 processors.... PS3 also uses a slightly superior graphics card by NVidia, instead of The ATI one 360 uses..... and only a few people have reported complete failure of the PS3 system while the Xbox 360 has had hundreds of thousands of people returning there "red lighted" 360 back to microsoft.....

you can argue that the 360 has over 7,500 items on xbox live, and much more content, but PS3 is getting the same games this summer, and this x-mas... and in many cases the PS3 version comes with stuff that cost extra using XBL.... even blockbuster has decided that blu-ray is the better choice..... so do with that what you will..... but the evidence is clear.... 360 will cost you much more, even internet cost $60 a year for the rest of your life..... PS3 is free..... content is weak on the PS3 i will admit, but PS3 is a 10 year console, and is a great package deal... PS, the PS3 will be getting a price drop for christmas..... so it will be even MORE Cheaper than 360.... neither are cheap actually, but 360 is an endless money pit.... period.."

a friends analaysis of the price situation...smart guy...

8. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

The only issue ive had is sometimes the controller loses connection and goes all screwy for 5 seconds... but this isnt really a big issue to me because it only happens once in a while and it's only for 5 seconds.

9. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

yea...thats when ur controller loses sync with ur ps3...used to happen to me when i first got the system...rarely happens now...once every week...which isnt bad cuz it only lasts five seconds or less...haha...

10. aamir6152

aamir6152 Member

Thanks for the info, looks like I will be getting a PS3. BTW Im Sure the controller connection loss can be fixed with an update, right?

Thanks again

11. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

yeah it rare its never happenend to me or my friends, make sure you buy resistance fom online play is amazing with that game

12. aamir6152

aamir6152 Member

I have ordered mine and the game that comes with it is Call Of Duty 3, I enjoy playing the COD Series. I might get Resistance sometime next week though.

13. perry07

perry07 Regular member

the olny miner glinch iv had is my web browser som etimes freezes and i have to turn the ps3 system off by the back and back on agen

14. samshizze

samshizze Member

Is there any confirmation of this yet? Id imagine a price drop soon or maybe a bundle deal that includes a game since sales are lacking. Would love to see a $600 deal that included GTA IV.

15. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

i dont think an update can fix bluetooth problems...its still minor though...

16. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I heard from some people the disconnects in the bluetooth are from the wireless card interfering. Can this be possible?

17. ivsft

ivsft Member

I plan to get a PS3 maybe this weekend, but now that Micorosft offers 3 year warranty, I am not sure what to get ?

Do you think I sould pay extra $ in BestBuy to get a 3 year warranty for PS3 ?

18. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Yes, go for it. Get the extended warranty. I did with my PSP and I'm glad because I don't have to worry about bricking the system when I downgrade because I can just get a new one. It is worth it, if you calculate the cost, it comes to a couple cents a day. You also have to see what system suits your needs. I will be getting a PS3 mainly because I like to watch movies in HD and the PS3 offers that over the 360. I will also get the PS3 because I would like to run Linux on it (I am a computer geek xD)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  19. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

yea...i read somewhere that 30 percent of 360s break...thats 3 ppl out of 10 that get defective xbox's...i have ubuntu on my ps3...it sucks because i have a standard tv and it was meant to run on 720p or something like that...