1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any sets that accept 1080p through component input?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ChiknLitl, Dec 23, 2006.

1. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

I am assuming you have the 60" SXRD? Actually, if you have a DVI-D or HDMI output on your video card, you can run full 1920x1080 from the computer to the Sony via the HDMI input.

I have heard, cannot confirm, that there are some timing issues with audio/video sync with 1080p through the VGA cables.

There are several models of SAmsung sets that accept 1080p through component and VGA. Check the samsung website for specs.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

@ poolpro,
    Sorry for the lateness of my reply,

Flat Panel

Plasma: Pioneer (all of them)

LCD: Samsung (40" plus)

Rear Projection

DLP: Samsung (56" plus)

Not exactly. Sony's SXRD is considered a 3-Chip LCoS design. 3-Chip designs don't have color wheels (i.e. 3-Chip DLP).

JVC also has a 3-Chip LCoS design that they call HD-ila.

------------------------------------

The Samsung 61" 1080p DLP has been ranked higher than the Sony 60" SXRD XBR-2 set at CES (2007). This year Samsung rules the rear projection market. Plus there tvs are the best things to display xbox 360 on since Microsoft did all of there 360 HD testing with Samsung video processors. Every Xbox 360 demo has a 23" Samsung above it for that reason!

The Samsung-Microsoft Xbox 360 deal:
    http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGGridurHL04280934

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007
  3. markula

markula Member

Thank you so much Diablos. I am actually on the phone right now confirming which stores carry their HLS6187W model. Here's one thing that's confusing me. When I called in to confirm what they had. One store said they had the HLS6187WX model and one store said they had HLS6187W model. What is the difference? i tried doing research and found nothing. I saw the manuals for both and found no difference. I just want to make sure my xbox will work. everywhere i look says the W model will display 1080p through all inputs. I just wanted to know what's the difference with this "X" model.

And about what you said Samsung taking the projection TV market you were right. this TV is sold out on alot of stores. I have to take this Damn Sony with me to get the samsung today! luckily i have a Ford SuperDuty F-250. Thanks diablos.

4. markula

markula Member

[/quote] The Samsung 61" 1080p DLP has been ranked higher than the Sony 60" SXRD XBR-2 set at CES (2007). [/quote]

Oh forgot to mention. How much of a difference does the 2ms response time from the SONY make compared to the Samsung's repsonse time. The best buy rep kept pushing Sony as the better TV for games because of response time? Since Samsung is the model Xbox mostly uses, does that not matter?

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

DLP mirrors have never had a problem with respone time so I will have to say that it isn't an issue. For that matter anything under 8ms will do (the response time of most LCDs last model year). Ask the Sony rep how fast their LCD tvs refresh!

The X is not a significant letter. Sometimes its printed and sometimes not, Samsung doesn't on their web-site. The official model number is HLS6187WXXAA. It can be found as HL-S6187W or HL-S6187WX.

Ced

6. markula

markula Member

Thanks diablos. you're the best. I've just gota say i LOVE THIS TV!!! LOVE IT!!! it's super crisp, responsive and 1080p works perfectly on it. finally i can enjoy this. On top of that i have my laptop connected to it wirelessly streaming my HD video files from my desktop to the tv through the VGA cable and it looks splendid!!! can't ask for more. Now to look for a better antenna for off air HD.

Any suggestions for a better HD antenna? i'm currently using the ATI HDTVWONDER antenna for the TV.

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Awsome, I am happy to see you love your new tv. I kina knew you would since all of my customers have. In my store we have it in the center of the projection tv wall hooked up to HD-DirecTV, a samsung up-conver dvd player, and an HD DVD player (Toshiba HD-A2). When I show people how good this tv can look by showing them the King Kong trailer on HD DVD demo disc they end up buying that set, and an HD DVD player, pretty fast!

First off, any TV antenna (VHF/UHF) will do. There is no such thing as an HDTV (only) antenna! The best ones to use are the old out-door antennas from the 70-ies and 80-ies (before cable became popular). But if you can't find those or you can't put an antenna outside then the best solution is an amplified indoor antenna. Some have radical designs that cost a lot of money but those are no better than the traditionally built models.

More than anything it depends on your area. Check out these sites for more details...

Antenna Web.org will you pick an antenna.
    http://antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Titan TV.com is TV guide but better.
    http://www.titantv.com/quickguide/quickguide.aspx

Ced