1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any thoughts on Sprint's HTC Evo?

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by eebeejay, Jul 10, 2010.

1. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

I'm about to get an HTC Evo. I've been using Windows Mobile since 2006 so Android will be totally new to me. Any thoughts on the Evo?

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

If you have 4G in your area (or you think you will before the end of a 2-year contract), then the 4G might be the best phone available right now. It isn't real 4G; but it is still faster than 3G. I have heard this phone has some typical HTC problems...mostly complaints about short battery life, and the terrible support that is universal with HTC products.

If you don't have 4G in your area (or if Sprint has poor cell service in your area), then there are better phones out there...IMHO, the Droid X is the best phone for 3G, and Verizon is still the best network for calling. The droidX is as powerful as the Evo, with more memory, and it uses less power to do the job...it just does not have 4G support.

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

I'm in Chicago (4G) and I get Sprint for free (through work). I just have to buy my own phone. So Sprint it is.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

If I were in your shoes, I would already have an Evo...enjoy!

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

They are to find, except the ugly white one at Best Buy (which I don't want).

6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Yeah...it is a very popular phone right now. If you intend to get a case for it, color might not matter.