1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way to backup a backup???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by poser, Dec 12, 2003.

1. poser

poser Member

when i try to make a DVD backup from another backup, DVD Decrypter doesnt work, and an error screen pops up saying a lot of things, including: "SRB completed with error" and "command sequence error."

nero's "DVD copy" feature didnt work for me either, nor did trying DVD Shrink on the backup...

any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Could be a problem with the copy you are trying to copy. I use Nero 6 all the time to copy a backup with no problems. What was used to make the 1st backup? I just insert my copy, click copy complete disc, insert blank when told to and its done.
    Jerry

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Poser, the reason DVD Decrypter (in IFO or FILE modes) and DVD Shrink didn't work is becuz those programs are designed for decrypting an encrypted DVD. Your backup is not encrypted, so they wigged out on u. When a DVD is ripped, the encryption is removed from the ripped data.

To copy a backup, use one of these methods:

1) Open up the source DVD in my computer. Drag the entire VIDEO_TS folder onto your desktop. Then, burn this folder onto a dvdr using your burning software. If you use Nero, use the DVD-Video mode and drag the bup, ifo, and vob files from the above mentioned folder into the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero provides.

2) Nero's disc copy feature always works for me in both the iso-copy mode, and on the fly. No ideer why yers failed, but it may be becuz of a dirty disc or a HD in need of defragging. Before it can store an ISO image of the disc, there must be space for it. Have u updated Nero to the latest version? I use V 6.0.0.28 .

3) Try using DVD Decrypter in ISO read/write mode. I've seen posts where peeps have had success with it in situations similar to yours. Put a blank disc in prior to starting, since in this mode, decrypter will burn it for u too.

4. poser

poser Member

Thanks guys...i used nero to copy the backup, and it turned out okay...i also discovered that one of the blank dvd-r's i was using was no good, and that's probably why nero didnt work the first time...

thanks again, i really appreciated your help!

5. matinzen

matinzen Member

Hey, I want to backup my backup but when I explore the disc, I have a VIDEO_TS and a VIDEO_RM file, do I need both or one and not the other? The backup I have works fine in my standalone, how can I copy this without using the DVD To DVD on Nero.