1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way to copy backups to HDD WITHOUT a PC?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by brandon79, May 5, 2007.

1. brandon79

brandon79 Guest

I know this wasn't possible back a year or two ago when I was really keeping up with the PS2 "Scene" but I was wondering if anything has come along recently. I'm using Swap Magic disc to boot HDLoader from the memory card. I always copy games to the HDD with WinHiiD but was wondering if there was an alternate way or perhaps something besides HDLoader that would allow me to more easily load backups and emulators directly to the PS2 HD.

Thanks!

Brandon

2. greensky1

greensky1 Member

Well there are three ways. One through direct connection with the PS2 HDD with the pc; Two through a network streaming to the PS2 with the HDD in it from the PC, and three you can get a external HDD for the usb drive. I too had HDLoader before. But now there is a new loader called USBLoader, which loads games from external drives through the usb port. Loading games from pc is easier that way. Also if you are annoyied with uploading the HDLOader with the Swap Magic disk everytime, you can setup the PS2 so that you dont have to. You do this by making a PSone disk act as a trigger to load the HDLoader. I have a couple other ways to optmize your PS2 loadings. Just email me or contact me anyway you can. I will be happy to hel. Ok

3. brandon79

brandon79 Guest

Thanks Greensky1 :) My actually topic was supposed to say "any way to copy backups to HDD WITHOUT a PC?" but I mistyped it! so far I have my PS2 set up to boot directly to HD Loader because its saved on the memory card in the Magicswap folder.. Then I take my drive out and use WinHiid when I want to copy something.. Even after all this time I guess that's still as good as it gets eh? I guess everybody is focusing on PS3 now :p thanks again!

4. greensky1

greensky1 Member

well thank you too. If you have anymore questions just send post again. I have had pleanty of time to mess around with the PS2. Also i think if you are intersted about modfiying the ps2 more, you should check this website out. This websits havs files for download, tutorials, and other stuff. I highly recomand this. The site is www.exploitstation.com if it does not show up in the adress bar, then google it. Hope i helped you out.